how many CONSULTATIONS did youu go to before choosing ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mommynbraces

#16 Post by Mommynbraces »

Money is not an object but it matter a whole heck of a lot when putting your self in braces and your 15 year old daughter with your 11 year old son following behind. This orthodonitist was willing to work with me if I agreed to bring the children for treatment also. This in return gave him three extra people for future patients. The price was not the only thing that attracted me to this office. It was actually the orthodontist chairside manner and his ability to explain to me what was going to happen and wanted my feedback about my treatment. I was also attracted to the way he said that If I wanted to avoid a frenectomy it was my choice and showed me a computer generated progress session of my treatment. No other doctor could do that.

Spacers placed: March 13th 2007
Teeth Cleaned: March 20th 2007
Braced: April 3rd 2007

thesallymonster

#17 Post by thesallymonster »

I had 3 consultations, and the third time was a charm for me, because that's who I chose, and I have no regrets.
*The Sallymonster*

Now in elastics, too! Since 2/25/09.

fitchick

#18 Post by fitchick »

After making enquiries with my usual dentist, he referred me to one ortho. I had intentions of just finding out what options were available to me at this appointment. But, I felt so happy, at ease and confident with the ortho DG, that I agreed to start treatment there and then. I paid a deposit of £750 with monthly instalments to follow. It is probably one of the best decisions that I have ever made.
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickym

#19 Post by nickym »

I had 3 consultations all together. I didn't feel right about the first two, but felt very comfortable with the third. Sometimes too many consultations can confuse you, but I'm so glad I didn't go with the first ortho I found, she was cold, unsympathetic and very pushy!

nickym

#20 Post by nickym »

I had 3 consultations all together. I didn't feel right about the first two, but felt very comfortable with the third. Sometimes too many consultations can confuse you, but I'm so glad I didn't go with the first ortho I found, she was cold, unsympathetic and very pushy!

Naranja

#21 Post by Naranja »

Well... as a matter of fact
i've been told since i was 12 to go to the ortho (now i'm 21 :lol: and i finally did it)

my dentist said one name at that time, a friend of her.
later (last year) my dentist recomended to go to an occlutionist before going to the ortho

so i started my journey on january 5, 2006 with the oclutionist, and in september with the ortho

by the way... my dentist and my occlutionist recommended the same ortho :D

sorry for my bad english :roll:

skyclad

consults

#22 Post by skyclad »

I went to 1 in aug of 06 then another in jan 07, then one in march. I liked all 3.
1st one wanted 700 down 240 a month for 18 months.
2nd one wanted 900 down and 218 a month for 18 months.
3rd one wants 100 down and 100 a month for 39 months. Ding we have a winner.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath