just got spacers today- no chocolate!!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

freckles01

just got spacers today- no chocolate!!!!

#1 Post by freckles01 »

i just got 6 spacers placed in today to make way for the braces next week.

the tech mentioned no sticky foods, "like chocolate"

i love chocolate, eat i everyday.

i understand i won't be able to floss back where the spacers are, but am i really restricted in the foods i eat with the spacers?

please advise.

Naranja

#2 Post by Naranja »

while i had my spacers... i ate whateaver i wanted :lol: even if it hurt

nobody (even my ortho) said anything about chocolate

I could die without chocolate :shock:

becks

#3 Post by becks »

I was told to keep eating what ever I normally ate, no restrictions. So, go enjoy, just steer clear of the sticky like Karen said.
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

samantha_lou

#4 Post by samantha_lou »

Trust your instincts, if you feel you can eat it - go for it!

Kat

#5 Post by Kat »

Ha! I'm eatting Haagen-Dazs AMAZON VALLEY CHOCOLATE right now.
Damn good stuff!

Kat

#6 Post by Kat »

Oh yeah by the way, put it in the micro for half a minute to let it get a little melty before enjoying.

SDFD TSchott

#7 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted nothing stopped me including with braces. I mean I do eat a little more careful and in smaller bites other then that I still eat anything and everything!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

ssfw

#8 Post by ssfw »

I agree with all of the replies to your post. Since the beginning of my ortho treatment, I have pretty much eaten whatever I wanted. The only thing I have stayed away from is very sticky candy and real hard items. I do cut my food into smaller pieces. I've just used my intuition when I place something in my mouth and if I sense it may be a bit too hard or sticky, I won't attempt to bite it because I don't want to risk breaking a bracket. If you eat sweets, rinse your mouth after you eat it.

Good luck.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

freckles01

chocolate

#9 Post by freckles01 »

ok! great!

my mouth kind of dropped when he no chocolate. i was like "whaaaat?" i'm one of those that could die without a bite of chocolate everyday.

i will stay away from the sticky stuff though- no carmel with chocolate.

so far, the spacers aren't killing me but this is only day one and armed with tylenol. plus the spacers are made of rubber and kind of cushion my bite preventing me from clenching- my bad habit.

one week to go before the full grill:)

Clairey Fairey

#10 Post by Clairey Fairey »

my mouth kind of dropped when he no chocolate. i was like "whaaaat?" i'm one of those that could die without a bite of chocolate everyday
I'm the same, I totally understand how important chocolate is!!

Even though you may not be able to eat hard/chewy/sticky chocoate.

Theres nothing to stop u eating chocolate cake!! I've brought these chocoate cake bars, they're yum!!

tkais

#11 Post by tkais »

Don't chew your chocolate, just let it melt and savor the flavor. You will be surprised how much longer even a little piece of chocolate will last.
:HugeGrin:

Ives

#12 Post by Ives »

wow, no chocolate would really s__k. Especially this time of year. Best part about easter is the variety of chocolate available. mmmm caramel eggs. :D

I did have a hard time with reeses cups, bought the ones filled with nuts by mistake.
Braced March 1st 07

KatK

#13 Post by KatK »

I find that eating the chocolate chips that are SUPPOSED to go into cookies go down nice and easy :-) . They are so small and melt easily... yum!
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

chlorine23

#14 Post by chlorine23 »

With spacers I was just told not to have sticky candies (like those "jolly ranchers" or taffy or gum). I assume it was so the spacers wouldn't come out, although after having spacers I decided it was so my teeth didn't come out. That's what it felt like.

But I like what everyone else says about soft chocolate. I had these great french truffles I could just pop into my mouth and they would just melt. No chewing involved. Good luck! And if all else fails, have ice cream!

Skokie

#15 Post by Skokie »

Yikes, I love chocolate.. If I decide to get metal instead of Invisalign I hope I make it when I get my spacers in.