Does anyone have Gold Brackets?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dimples

Does anyone have Gold Brackets?

#1 Post by Dimples »

I am considering these and plan on asking my ortho about them, if they aren't too pricey, or if he even uses them. I like the way they look. if not, i'll stick with clear uppers and metal lowers.

skyclad

gold brackets

#2 Post by skyclad »

Western dental offers them dont know if they cost more though
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

chlorine23

#3 Post by chlorine23 »

Oooh, thanks for posting the pics, KK! Those are nice! I'm jealous. My surgeon told me how I'd get gold chains tethered to my impacted teeth, called them my mouth bling.

The ortho put on black plastic. :( No bling for me. Maybe when I go get them replaced I'll ask for bright pink. :wink:

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Thanks for the link Karen. I was reading that her ortho offered to file down her pointy canines. I was just wondering about this the other day when I started really noticing how pointy my bottom canines are...Anyone had this done??
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

Clairey Fairey

#5 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Karen, you amaze me how you remember all these people!! :D

goldmetal

gold brackets

#6 Post by goldmetal »

I have had gold brackets on my lowers and ceramics on my uppers since December 06. My ortho did not charge more for them. I picked them because they were different. I generally wear gold jewelry instead of silver. My dilemma has been what color ligs to wear on them. I haven't tried any colors yet except the metallic gold ligs which match the brackets perfectly.

joney

#7 Post by joney »

I'd love a gold brace, it would be blingtastic but unfortunately it wasn't offered to me as an option.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

24KSmile

Gold brackets reply to Goldmetal

#8 Post by 24KSmile »

Hi Goldmetal,
I also have gold brackets and have tried quite a few colors--orange, yellow, green, red, pink and blue. I recommend the warm colours (orange, red, yellow) as they complement the gold and make your smile quite "flashy."

Have fun with them!

cally

#9 Post by cally »

I'm going for the gold next Tuesday!

goldmetal

Re: Gold brackets reply to Goldmetal

#10 Post by goldmetal »

24KSmile wrote:Hi Goldmetal,
I also have gold brackets and have tried quite a few colors--orange, yellow, green, red, pink and blue. I recommend the warm colours (orange, red, yellow) as they complement the gold and make your smile quite "flashy."

Have fun with them!
Thanks for the input 24KSmile. I go for another adjustment tomorrow. I may just have to try out some orange ones.