Stick a fork in me - I'm almost done!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

Stick a fork in me - I'm almost done!

#1 Post by Betty Bat »

I just got back from the ortho and he said that he will take my uppers off at my next appointment - on April, 19. I'm floating on air right now.

I got my uppers and lowers at the same time, in October, 2005. The estimate was 18 months, so this is pretty close. At my last appointment, in March, I had asked what the chances were that I would be out of braces by my niece's wedding in May. So, it looks like I'm going to get most of my wish.

Lillers

#2 Post by Lillers »

Congratulations, BB! :-)o I'd be floating on air too!
Braced March 2005 (lower); November 2005 (upper); all ceramic. Goal = correcting overbite.

Lower jaw surgery was successfully performed December 18, 2006.

Carolinahigh12

#3 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Congrats on your release date !!!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Well done, you!!

Pulls fork out.......yes, you're pretty much done!

SimInsomniac

#5 Post by SimInsomniac »

That's amazing news! I'm jealous, especially as you got your braces after me. :D :lol:
It's great that you'll be at least topless for your niece's wedding! After all, they're the ones mostly on show. :)

Hope all goes well between now and the 19th, and congratulations!
Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

iBorg

#6 Post by iBorg »

Congrats!!!

Be sure to smile nicely for the pictures!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Betty Bat

#7 Post by Betty Bat »

Thanks for the boost!

Topless and naked - all in one thread. Pretty racy for this board. And, at my age!

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

Congrats! That's great news! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

dallison

#9 Post by dallison »

Thats so exciting!!! What kind of braces do you have??

I'm not getting my hopes up because I doubt it will happen, but I'm hoping I'll have my braces off by my sister's wedding on July 12, 2008 (I'm getting them on today). I know its a long shot and, like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up, but its at least good to know that its possible to get them off early!!

Congrats!!

Betty Bat

#10 Post by Betty Bat »

Dallison,
I have sapphire uppers (don't know much more about them than that) and Damon 2 lowers. I'm one of the folks who had the problem with the Damon doors sticking, but we were all assured by Dr. Strasser recently that it was only the Damon 2's that had sticking problems and that they had been reengineered.

I really have had very few problems (knock wood) except for the sticky Damons and a bout of canker sores when I used mouthwash with sodium lauryl sulfate.

My advice, and this was what my ortho told me, was that the best thing is to follow the ortho's advice! I wore my elastics every day (well, probably 99% of the time) when I wore them 24/7 and I wear them every night now. He said that it helped get me out of the braces on time. So, if you need elastics, just do it!

Good luck to you!

skyclad

Betty Bar

#11 Post by skyclad »

iBorg wrote:Congrats!!!

Be sure to smile nicely for the pictures!

Mike
You will be grinning all over the place, after all you will have a fantastic smile to show off, just try not to upstage the bride. lol.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

mbarbi

#12 Post by mbarbi »

congrats!!! post pics :)

idolfan4

#13 Post by idolfan4 »

How funny? That's the same date I'm getting both my upper and lower braces off! I'm so glad you'll have your upper braces off in time for your nieces wedding. Good luck with your debanding.

Braces Went On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Come Off: April 19th, 2007

Skokie

#14 Post by Skokie »

Awsome!! My next appointment is on April 20 just one day after you :) Although I'll only be going for xrays, and spacers etc (hopefully) for my braces. Please, post pictures! I'd love to see your results. :D

Stich

#15 Post by Stich »

You can also stick a fork in me...I had my final adjustment April 5 and now my debanding date is set for May 10! I am being debanded 6 months earlier than planned and also wore my elastics religiously.

So, congratulations! It's great to be at the end. I am ready to be a person who does not wear braces, aren't you?

BEcky