Expander Update

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gramsinbraces

Expander Update

#1 Post by gramsinbraces »

For those adults with upper expander or pondering the idea, mine was put in , in Dec. 2006, then upper braces as of Feb. 27th. My expander has done the job that was needed in just four months, ortho is very happy and has all the room needed. Today he did not take it out but left it in for one more month and we do not have to turn it anymore. He also changed the wire on the top braces and told me to expect to take a motrin tonight. Over all very happy with expander except getting use to it the first two weeks. On my next appt., hopefully this will come off and then he will put in the bottom expander. I hope it's not as hard to get use to as the top, my tongue was so sore.
]

Top expander 12/2006
Top Braces Feb. 27, 2007
Top Expander removed 7/2007
Bottom expander 7/2007

chicklets

#2 Post by chicklets »

Good to hear, Gram. For me, the giant plastic expander was the worst. I had mine almost 6 months. Having that gone and being braced and wired is ALMOST a relief. I never had a bottom expander, but I would think that would be a little easier to tolerate based on the pics I've seen.
Palate expander: 10/10/2006 through 03/27/2007
Spacers and brackets: 03/27/2007
Archwire: 04/05/2007
First adjustment: 06/05/2007

iBorg

#3 Post by iBorg »

Its good news to hear members of this board are moving forward. My son has a top expander and its been interesting as he has struggled with learning to control the salvia. I admire any adult who has done the same thing while holding down a "real" job.

Good luck with tonight and the bottom expander!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Good to here that things are going well for you "gramsinbraces" keep up the good work and you'll be done in no time.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008