Braces went on today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamiel34

Braces went on today!

#1 Post by Tamiel34 »

Hey Guy's:

Braces went on this morning at 9:30a.m.! I took some Advil before I went, and I needed more about 4:30p.m. I am feeling the pressure for sure! Thanks to all of you for preparing me for this journey. If it was not for this site, I would really be freaking out right about now!!! :lol: I'm just longing for the day when I can eat again! It hurts to chew a noodle! I've wanted this for so long, I'm trying to stay positive. Thanks again for your support! :D Will post more later.

lz

#2 Post by lz »

Congrats on your start! :)
I'm going Thursday!!! I hope that you can eat comfortably soon! I'm so glad you posted. How was the procedure was it bad or not so bad? lol

:D

Carolinahigh12

#3 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Congrats on making it through the first couple of hours. It will get better. Just think of the end result!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Neysa

#4 Post by Neysa »

Congratulations Tamiel34!!
Hang in there. You will be amazed at how quickly you will start to adjust. :dance:

skibunnie29

#5 Post by skibunnie29 »

Congratulations!! I agree with what you said about this site. I'm much more comfortable knowing you guys are here. I'm about to get mine this month.
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

skibunnie29

#6 Post by skibunnie29 »

Congratulations!! I agree with what you said about this site. I'm much more comfortable knowing you guys are here. I'm about to get mine this month.
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

skibunnie29

#7 Post by skibunnie29 »

Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

skibunnie29

#8 Post by skibunnie29 »

Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

skibunnie29

#9 Post by skibunnie29 »

skibunnie29

#10 Post by skibunnie29 »

Congratulations!! I'm about to embark on this journey myself.
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

idolfan4

#11 Post by idolfan4 »

hey, congratulation on getting your new braces. I know it's a pain at first, but it's all worth it in the end. Just keep taking your advil and hang in there.

P.S. I get mine off next thursday April 19th 2007

LadyTr0uble

#12 Post by LadyTr0uble »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Congrats!!
The discomfort will go away soon enough. The salt rinses does wonders and that's the cure-all for any sores in my mouth.

Good luck with yours skibunnie!

TLB in Minneapolis

#13 Post by TLB in Minneapolis »

I'm so happy for you. I chickened out!! I was supposed to have mine put on 4/9. Your are much braver than me. I will reschedule and this time I'll do it. It was nice that you didn't have to have molar bands after all.

How does it feel? It is better or worse than you imagined?

MandyJane

#14 Post by MandyJane »

Congrats and good luck

BamaGirl

#15 Post by BamaGirl »

Congratulations!! I get braced Monday (4/16) and I am REALLY nervous!! Hope everything goes well for you!! :tingrin:

BamaGirl