Your interest on dental medicine

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rogerwaterspt

Your interest on dental medicine

#1 Post by rogerwaterspt »

I was wondering if anyone here became interested on "dental" or "teeth" medicine, after starting the treatment. Do you intend to be a dentist on a nearby future?
I became quite interested.

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Nope just going to pursue my interest in Arson Investigations like normal!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

skyclad

interesting question

#3 Post by skyclad »

I have thought seriously about going to school to be an ortho asst because i want to be a part of helping people make their smile beautiful. I also think it would be fun to help the patients pick out lig colors.

But i went to school for finance and am still paying on that. Before that I went to school to be a medical assistant. I asked if i could work at my dentist/ortho office because a. they need help and b. maybe i could get the clear braces i want because then i could afford them. They didn't take me seriously.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

elissasmilz

#4 Post by elissasmilz »

I started treatment in July 2005 and started working for my ortho in April 2006. I started as a receptionist but have been an assistant in training for a while now. I find orthodontia to be quite fascinating...who knew?

starryadora

#5 Post by starryadora »

I started working for my orthodontist as an orthodontic assistant after starting treatment as his patient:)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

skyclad

hmmmm

#6 Post by skyclad »

that seems to be more common than i thought it would be.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath