Ortho doesn't tell me much

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spimpy

Ortho doesn't tell me much

#1 Post by spimpy »

My ortho doesn't really talk to me about how my treatment is going. I really have to ask him questions. He says things are going well, but I'd like to know more... I guess I'll have to be pushier... He also puts white ligatures on my ceramic braces when he knows that I don't like them because they REALLY stain, and that I want the neutral grey ones that look good and don't stain.

Last adjustment, he put the white ones on and I was disappointed when I got into the car. I had yellow ligatures by the time Easter came around and I celebrated with family... very disappointing... :evil:

I will have to be pushier and remind him from now on, EVERY TIME I GO FOR AN ADJUSTMENT. :cry: :evil: :evil:

On the positive side, it was my 1 year anniversary yesterday :wink: :-)o

jabberwocky

#2 Post by jabberwocky »

my ortho does that too. being an artist myself, i can see what's she doing. it's the whole wanting to keep a project under wraps until it's finished so that it just blows someone away.
or at least that is what it feels like.
It makes me feel so unprepared...

spimpy

#3 Post by spimpy »

Thanks so much guys...

Whenever I go in for an adjustment, there is always at least 10 kids waiting as well :roll: . It's amazing how busy his office is (he also shares it with another ortho), but I guess it's one of the reasons his feedback is limited.

I will definitely make it a point to be pro-active and not let him get away so quickly... Sometimes I don't even see him 'cause his assistant changes the ligatures (SHE always puts on the grey ones). He might come take a peek at my mouth while my eyes are closed and I don't even realize it...:shock:

My next adjustment is on the 23rd, I'll keep you posted...

jennandtonic

#4 Post by jennandtonic »

I had that same problem with my ortho, and I fixed it by persisting on the questions. I wasn't rude, just kept asking 'what is this powerchain trying to fix?' 'what are these elastics going to accomplish?' She got the hint, and now she thinks it's nice that I ask questions. And the ortho assistants have gotten to where they'll tell me what is on the agenda for my teeth when I come in, and they get a kick out of the questions I ask.