2 days till my 1st adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pink77blondie

2 days till my 1st adjustment

#1 Post by pink77blondie »

I know he is going to put ina stronger wire he said somethig about 12 or 14 (not too sure what that means). I am excited it has been 8 weeks! My teeth have already moved I will post pictures when I get home! I am hoping he will put my tooth that is way behind in the wire now because there has been a spring there but I think and hope there is room now!!
[/url]

[/url]

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

Good luck on getting the straggler into the loop!

The adjustments are pretty quick, and you don't have to go through all the craziness that you did when you got the braces on. Just walk in and open wide.

If you get a stronger wire, you may want to be prepared with the painkiller of your choice, just in case it causes some soreness. On my first adjustment, they hit me with a switch from the round wires to rectangular (cross section) and also power chains, which was a big change and caused some soreness the next few days. But I don't think most people are that lucky on their first adjustment. Do watch out for those rectangular wires, though, because they can catch you off guard.

And, the best part about adjustments, is that you get to brag about how far your teeth have moved to the orthodontist. Have fun!