how many teeth do you have left?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

payoki

how many teeth do you have left?

#1 Post by payoki »

while I was reading the post, realized that due to mature age of many of our members including myself, some of us have less teeth than we should. I was reading this lady's post and saw how few teeth she had and I counted mine. I have total of 23 teeth. I'm missing a top left molar.
I think this might have effect on my progress because top leftside has less anchor teeth to properly do that job? so my midline is way off.
Any of you are missing teeth like myself?
mother of one.

lz

#2 Post by lz »

I too have only 23 teeth I have had alot removed.
My treatment is limited due to I would have to have bridges in the back to fix all my problems because of the lack of teeth. :(

dugsmom

#3 Post by dugsmom »

I just turned 30 and I have 26 teeth. I lost 2 bottom molars when I was a child ( my bottom teeth have drifted and some have tipped). I almost decided to have 2 teeth extracted (for braces) but decided I couldn't risk losing more so I'm going with the surgery and implants.

platinum

#4 Post by platinum »

I am 31 and I have 26 and half teeth. One bottom second molar was pulled away, because it was quite rotten. The upper molar has a huge fiulling. It did not need root canal yet. The filling will not last forever, maybe 5 years, after which I need a root canal and a crown. But if I will go and have a crown, I have to get a implant on the bottom, otherwise it does not really make sense.

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

I have 24 teeth. I had 4 premolars removed as a teen ("4 on the floor" 1970's orthodontics) and I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted when I was 21 as they were impacted.

that's why my treatment is so complicated now, as my ortho doesn't really have the option of further extractions.

SimInsomniac

#6 Post by SimInsomniac »

I have 24 teeth, for now. I had 4 premolars removed before braces and my wisdom teeth haven't come yet. I hope that when they do, they can stay. I see no reason to remove them if there's no impact problems. I have a fair few fillings already as well, so I guess that's in a way less "tooth". :(

Sim
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

JumpTheDitch

#7 Post by JumpTheDitch »

I seem to be in the lead so far with 30 teeth :banana:.

I'm 28 and had 2 x upper second bisucpids extracted last year to help with overjet (the teeth I was very sad to lose; the overjet not so much :D).

Otherwise I am still the proud owner of 4 x healthy wisdom teeth (all of which fit with nearly no crowding which impressed my dentist & my ortho says is very unusual).

Unfortunately my ortho has started talking about possibly extracting at least 2 x wisdom teeth further down the track but I'm not letting them go without a fight!

(Yes, I did ask him why, and I have absolute confidence that he did answer my question. Unfortunately, I didn't really understand the ortho-talk response. Not to worry, we'll be discussing it in far more depth if and when the time comes :evil:)

Pepper

#8 Post by Pepper »

I have 28 teeth.

Betty Bat

#9 Post by Betty Bat »

I asked a similar question a while ago - "how many teeth do you have?". I'm missing two permanent teeth that never came in. One wisdom tooth was pulled and two never came in. So, I guess I have 27?

becks

#10 Post by becks »

I am 34 years old and have 27 teeth. All four wisdom teeth were removed in my early 20's and I lost one tooth due to decay (an upper 2nd premolar) in my late teens early 20's. I had a root canal and cap put onto a 3rd premolar in my early 20's as well. My two front teeth are only partially "real". I broke them off when I was about 10 or so. I fell on my face roller skating and had to have them bonded. I've also got fillings on several other teeth...most minor, two are pretty good sized fillings. So taking all that into consideration, I guess I have about.....24 teeth. :)
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

flipib05

#11 Post by flipib05 »

28 for me!

flipib05

#12 Post by flipib05 »

28 for me!

skyclad

well

#13 Post by skyclad »

Technically I have 28 but with all the fillings...who knows. I am down 2 molars and 2 wisdoms, I am keeping 2 wisdoms and moving them to where the molars used to be.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

3Scorpios

#14 Post by 3Scorpios »

I have alllllll my toofers....... 32! Is there a prize involved? :P

skyclad

will this work?

#15 Post by skyclad »

:-** You have enough room in your mouth for all 32? :-**
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath