And so it begins....:)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BamaGirl

And so it begins....:)

#1 Post by BamaGirl »

Well...I am now an official metal mouth!! :jump: I just returned home and I have to say that getting braced was not bad at all!! :D I got full metal on both upper and lower. I consider myself lucky because I did not have to have spacers or molar bands. The whole process was not that uncomfortable and it didn't take very long at all. I was in and out in about 2 hours. That included pictures, x-rays, and the full mold of my mouth. No pain so far. I guess that will come later. I have the Advil ready!! LOL

Also, I have to admit that they don't look that bad either. I am very excited to get this started and look forward to the end result!!

YEA ME!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

BamaGirl :tingrin:

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Congratulations BamaGirl

I too was lucky in not needing spacers and molar bands. Hope the next few days go well for you. Don't forget to wax if a bracket is irritating you.
One step closer to a great smile.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

Welcome to Braceland :D

mbarbi

#4 Post by mbarbi »

congrats on getting braced and not having any bad experience :D