Getting braced in TWO DAYS.....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

metalchic

Getting braced in TWO DAYS.....

#1 Post by metalchic »

I can't believe it's almost here. I feel like I am preparing for a new family member to arrive or something--haha....I'm getting braced on Thursday morning. I'm excited (mostly because these darn spacers will come out). Does anyone have any last minute words of wisdom :D

Actually, once I got used to the spacers, they really haven't been that bad. Mostly just trying to adjust my diet accordingly has been the biggest pain. I'm hoping the braces will be the same.

Thanks to all who have listed to me whine and given advice on and off of the boards. It has been greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to spending the next 2.5 yrs or so with my new friends....

Ready2go43

#2 Post by Ready2go43 »

Hi metalchic,I am also getting braced thursday morning(11.15 uk,time)I am really starting to panic now,and getting really stressed,should I shouldnt I,never mid,hope it goes well for you,look forward to hearing how you got on,good luck :wink:

idolfan4

#3 Post by idolfan4 »

Ha Ha Ha! That's really funny, because I'm getting my braces off the same day you get yours on and I'm getting them off in the morning. Well, I hope all goes well with your new braces and stick to soft foods only. Also, take plenty of pain relievers if you need it and use plenty of wax. I wish you the best of luck all through your treatment.

Peace Out! :D

Braces Went On: August 2nd, 2005
Braces Come Off: April 19th, 2007 (1 day & a wake up)

metalchic

#4 Post by metalchic »

ready - technically you will be getting yours first (I think), aren't you about 5-6 hours ahead of the US (East Coast). GOODLUCK!!! Are you getting metal or clear or ceramics? I'm getting full metal, not a candidate for invisalign and I just think it's easier (for me) to just deal with one type on top and bottom versus trying to deal with ceramic one top and metal on bottom so that's my choice. I wish you the best.

IDOL--Congrats on getting yours off! I sure hope I do ok. I've had my spacers in for a week, i only needed two (thankfully) and I am so sick of soft foods. I WANT FRUIT!!! How long before I can eat at least a salad or something like a salad or strawberries or something? This mushy stuff is killing my system. But the mac-n-cheese I will never tire of...... :-#)

KatK

#5 Post by KatK »

ah... to eat a salad again....

I have no idea what's wrong with my teeth, but 5 months later and I still can't get down a salad!

However, bananas, chopped up strawberries, pineapples, cooked carrots -- all go down just fine!! :-)

And i agree...i LOVE the mac n cheese!!! :-)

Goodluck!
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

skyclad

we all have the same brace day

#6 Post by skyclad »

I am getting my braces thursday also but not til 4pm arizona time just a hint it's about 8pm right now.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

Dimples

#7 Post by Dimples »

congratulations you all! I am supposed to get my braces in june, but I've decided to go for the 2nd week of may. I can't wait any longer!!!
I would've had them put on next week, but I have to wait for my insurance to switch my general dentistry to my ortho's office, which doesn't go into affect until may 1st. I am getting my teeth cleaned before I get the braces on.

yovi86

#8 Post by yovi86 »

Hi all...newbie here..hehehe

Firstly, Congratzzz to the Thursday Crowd :D :D

I'll get my braces in a week time..kind of scared but excited..sadly, now I got 3 ulcers...sobs :cry: I wonder if I can just rip it off...:P but I can't for sure
any idea in removing ulcers quickly?

Meryaten, thanks for the advice :D

Cheers

yovi86

#9 Post by yovi86 »

KK, thanks for the advice.... currently im boiling the water preparing for salt-water rinsing =)... hope it really helps and heals soon....

otherwise I guess the braces + ulcers = worst case..hehehe...

My friend also recommends me to rinse it with listerine..*kind of odd..hehehe..but trying as best as I can to remove this ulcers..

again, thanks heapss ^_^