how many teeth do you have left?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#16 Post by lionfish »

I'm two shy of a full set. As a teenager I had a second molar pulled (which caused untold problems) and a wisdom tooth pulled last year.

chrisk

#17 Post by chrisk »

I just took out my retainer and counted 24 teeth.

Prior to my braces/surgery journey I had 25 and a bit (a little bit of a partially erupted molar). I had 2 removed on the top (leaving me with 23 teeth) to help reduce my huge 15mm overjet (reduced to 10mm by braces and surgery did the rest), and my very clever ortho moved my last molar back and pulled up my partially erupted molar, giving me 24 teeth post-braces.

LaaLaa

#18 Post by LaaLaa »

I currently have 28 - 14 on bottom and 14 on top. Well, I think this is all I ever had as an adult. :lol: But, I'm getting 4 extracted next week. :shock: :( Hope it goes okay.

I'm shocked some people have more than 30!! Wow!!

Boolajoojoo

#19 Post by Boolajoojoo »

I have 28, I had my impacted wisdom teeth removed 3 years ago, they never erupted because they were horizontal and beneath the gums. I had consulted with an orthodontist who wanted to pull 2 upper premolars, for an easy fix to my bite, but I was warned against this by my dentist because in my case it could have made my TMJ problems worse and cause my face to appear recessed o.O

That scared me and I was very insistent after that on keeping the rest of my teeth... >.<

I think 28 is pretty typical these days... why do we have so many teeth if we can't accommodate them? Evolution or nutrition? Either way it is weird...

Tin Indian

#20 Post by Tin Indian »

:D 53.5 yrs old with 28 teeth to the count. Wisdom teeth were taken all out at once 15+ yrs ago.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

platinum

#21 Post by platinum »

I have alllllll my toofers....... 32! Is there a prize involved?
Well, my friend has at the moment 34!!!! although the two ninth teeth have not yet came out. Quite speacial case, because she has 6 wisdom teeth :D

My boyfriebd has 32 teeth and he is not going to get his wisdom teeth removed, because he likes them :D . His dentist told him that lower crowding he has is not because of the wisdom teeth. And the dentist told him not to let American dentists to pull them off. He reckoned that they do that too much in USA.

Jayne

#22 Post by Jayne »

Just counted. I have 27. I thought I had less than that as I had 4 out when I was a kid for my first brace and I've had 2 extractions on the bottom.

Having the 4 out was a big mistake though as that's why I'm in braces again...too many gaps!! I'll also have to have bridge work at the end of my treatment to replace the missing teeth. :(

LithpingLitha

#23 Post by LithpingLitha »

I have 28. All 4 wisdom teeth were extracted about 8 yrs. ago.
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

Clairey Fairey

#24 Post by Clairey Fairey »

3Scorpios wrote:I have alllllll my toofers....... 32! Is there a prize involved? :P
Damn I thought I was in the lead with 31!!!

nicole1987

#25 Post by nicole1987 »

wow, my wisdom teeth have never formed... :D but I have 27 teeth, none removed (as of yet), and I am hoping to keep them all when I get my braces

vivi21

#26 Post by vivi21 »

:-1 i have 26 :roll: :? :cry: :-((
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

SimInsomniac

#27 Post by SimInsomniac »

platinum wrote:Well, my friend has at the moment 34!!!! although the two ninth teeth have not yet came out. Quite speacial case, because she has 6 wisdom teeth :D
That's incredible. I'm suprised they all fit in your friend's mouth! :P
Damon 3 braces for 22.5 months.
30th August 2005 - 13th July 2007

Patricia S.

#28 Post by Patricia S. »

Dont quote me on this but....

my friend worked as a dental hygenist for a few years and said they had patients come in with NO wisdoms. I would imagine it is possible seeing as they have been removing wisdom teeth for such a long time. I guess that is evolution for you.

BTW I have 28 had all wisdom's removed. :)
Last edited by Patricia S. on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dugsmom

#29 Post by dugsmom »

Patricia S. wrote:Dont quote me on this but....

my friend worked as a dental hygenist for a few years and said they had patients come in with NO wisdoms. I would imagine it is possible seeing as they have been removing wisdom teeth for such a long time. I guess that is evolutions for you.

BTW I have 28 had all wisdom's removed. :)
I never had wisdom teeth...wish I had because they could've replaced the 2 bottom 1st molars that were extracted when I was young. It's funny though because every time I get a new dentist (I move a lot), they are always shocked to find out that I never had wisdom teeth...

jf74

#30 Post by jf74 »

That topic reminded me of a question I had

for people who have 24 teeth left ( 4 wisdom teeth, 4 premolars removed ), do you feel a difference when you chew, like you miss something ? or that when you smile your smile is not as wide as it could be since your last molar is closer to the front that a regular person .... or you don't see any difference ?. I am not sure how to explain that. It was one of my worry of having 4 premolars extracted.

My guess is that it don't make really make any difference with either 28 or 24, but who knows ;)