-> Just got Spacers Today

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yovi86

-> Just got Spacers Today

#1 Post by yovi86 »

Hi hi....

my first posting here =). Finally I got some spacers placed... at first It doesn't feel painful..but after a while like 30mins or so..it became really2 painful...

does anyone has the same problem with me??? is spacer really hurts? :cry: wonder how If the braces are on..is it more painful than the spacer?

need info here... =).

Cheers,

Yovie =)

cally

#2 Post by cally »

Hi,

I've been in spacers 9 days. I had a terrible time with them--my mouth didn't even feel like it belonged to me the first 3 days. Yesterday I went back to ortho and they removed them, fitted molar bands, did an impression (getting a Nance plate) and then put the spacers back in in anticipation of fully bracketing/banding all next week.

They originally planned to put slightly thicker spacers in after doing all their fittings yesterday. However, the tech said, "Oh, that would be murder to do that to do, your teeth are still so tight." She then added that for people with really really crowded teeth, it is much harder to deal with spacers. She added that for those people, spacers are usually the worst part of the whole braces experience! I'm holding onto that thought.

So, sounds like you are similar to me. By now I'm much much better, actually was glad to have the spacers put back in yesterday! Hang in there, the end is coming.

Cally

lea72104

#3 Post by lea72104 »

I had spacers for 7 days and let me tell ya, those suckers were murderous. Some people don't have as bad an experience as I did. I was soooo relieved to get rid of them. when i got my bands put on i nearly cried because i was still sooo sore from the spacers. *you have to bite on this thing when you get bands put on* Hopefully it gets better for you! Just be positive and know that it's well worth it! :lol:

3Scorpios

#4 Post by 3Scorpios »

I had spacers for 2 weeks prior to getting brackets and they were AWFUL for me too! Took about 9 or 10 days to get used to.... just as I was able to eat 'normal' again then BAM! Braces! :lol: I'm 21 days into braces and back to normal for the most part.... still can't bite with the fronts, but I don't think that is entirely unusual. Hang in there! It'll be worth it!!!!!

yovi86

#5 Post by yovi86 »

Thanks for the advice =) -- really appreciate it :wink:

I'm looking forward for next week appointment...it seems like days gone so slow now ..

good bye chocolates , chips , and cookies :P...welcome poridge, yoghurt, n soft cheese...
:D

pink77blondie

#6 Post by pink77blondie »

My spacers hurt a lot!!!! but my braces have never hurt at all !! (Yet)
[/url]

[/url]

3Scorpios

#7 Post by 3Scorpios »

Goodbye chocolates?! :shock: Come on, it may be tough but I'm no quitter! :lol: Just let them melt in your mouth a bit first! :P

lea72104

#8 Post by lea72104 »

no point in babying your teeth. Eat as regularly as you can! It helps a ton! i'm about 3 weeks in as well Scorpio, It will be nice to keep up on your progress. How long are you sentenced to?

markuhde

#9 Post by markuhde »

OK, I got my top spacers in today. Just over 10 hours ago. So far, they don't feel good or bad. Just kinda are. I'll have them for two weeks before braces may 2nd. If this is the worst of the worst, braces should be an easy ride, but I'm trying not to have any expectations... I also still have many more days of these things so who knows, they could get much worse...

Anyways, just my experience... everyone's will be different!

yovi86

#10 Post by yovi86 »

Turns out,

I aint no quitter.. :D just had Burger Rings today -> sort of chips..and I felt good *yeehaa*

Im going to get braces in 1 week time.. Tuesday (24th May 2007). Yeayy!! today I just went to a dentist to get my fillings done..but he said I should return on 24th of May in the morning to get another fillings done then go straight to the orthodontics..

will it be ok? coz I will be numb when the braces will be placed.. will it affect the insertion of braces?

:D YoVi

metalchic

#11 Post by metalchic »

Spacers are definitely more painful than the braces, at least for me. The spacerr were very painful for me on day 3. Of course, I am only on my 22nd hour of the braces (yay) some discomfort and some inconveniences in trying to get used to them but nothing like the spacers. I yelled "hooray" when they took out the spacers.

Clairey Fairey

#12 Post by Clairey Fairey »

If you can hack spacers, then braces won't be a problem. I think mst people agree that spacers are worse than braces.