Faster Braces???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crysredd

Faster Braces???

#1 Post by crysredd »

Hi all,
This is my first post here. I am getting braces next week.... spacers tonight. Upper and lower clear. I was told they they will be using a "new" type of bracket that speeds up the process so my treatment will be 6-10 months instead of the average 2 years. I am getting a crossbite corrected so I didn't think I'd need braces for 2 years anyway, but that's besides the point.

So are there really braces that work faster now?

p.s., of course there is a price difference in these fast braces too

fitchick

#2 Post by fitchick »

Hello crysredd

Welcome to MM, and good luck with your extra fast treatment! I've never heard of fast braces, but if there is such a thing and you can have the results you want in such a short time then good for you. This is an excellent site to ask questions and gain the support from others going through the same thing, so hopefully someone will answer this very question for you and me!

Julie
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

Do you know the brand? Just curious because it is fairly standard that even "fast" braces take 18 months or so. UNLESS you are getting the Wilkidontics braces or doing the "6-month braces" to align teeth, but not adjust bite.

Good luck to you! Glad to have you here!

Let us know how it goes!!

Jenn
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

crysredd

#4 Post by crysredd »

I don't know the brand. I was told they might be using ICE but since they are phasing that brand out at this office that it might be another brand. I will find out tonight when I get my spacers put in.

Oh how annoying a second round of braces will be. I am 31 and had braces on for 4 years as a kid! UGH!