Is this "normally" weird feeling?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lz

Is this "normally" weird feeling?

#1 Post by lz »

I got my braces a week ago tomorrow.
I can FINALLY put my teeth together without pain well tenderness. BTW each day is better then the last with eating :) though I have ate regular food since I got them I just love my food I guess lol
Anyway, it feels strange closing my teeth together and it feels like my teeth/bite are all outta wack its just weird to me.
My question is this normal for it to feel weird and does it get better with time?
THANKS

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

Braces are weird as your teeth will move what seems a great deal. My bite hs been so-so (its not been good in years), okay, bad, rotten, etc. As you progress it will change. The goal is to have it right when you're done. In the process there's a lot of movement that will occur.

It WILL get better. It will also get worse. Then it will get better.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

youngorthodontist

#3 Post by youngorthodontist »

It is very common for me to hear this from my patients. When braces are put on, all teeth will move. This may lead to alterted bite and proprioception (the ability of our body to remember body position and hence bite). Jaw muscles will learn to accomodate to the altered bite. You will get use to this. Give it some time & Patience

Dr Chen

lz

#4 Post by lz »

Thanks.
The soreness and just all the feelings in my mouth have changed sooo much from Thursday til now I figured it will all adjust as I go I just had to ask lol.
Thanks again!

LaaLaa

#5 Post by LaaLaa »

Today was actually my one week mark since getting my upper braces. :P Like you lz, I was feeling discomfort for a while, the day after getting them was probably the worst but now I've gotten used to them and don't feel any pain unless I try to eat something a bit hard (I can't believe I consider a tiny piece of reheated pizza hard now :shock: boo). I tried eating jello right after I got my braces on last Wed and I kept biting my cheek on the left side so I guess the braces kicked right into work. :lol:

lz

#6 Post by lz »

thanks,
btw I'm chilled lol just was wondering...not freakin out or anything like that