They're off (well, the tops are off anyway)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

They're off (well, the tops are off anyway)

#1 Post by Betty Bat »

Top braces came off about an hour ago. It was a relatively painless procedures. I had a mix of sapphire brackets and Damon 2's. The metal brackets came off very easily. The assistant did it with a pair of metal clippers (well, that's what they looked like). The ortho did the sapphire ones. There was a special set of clippers for those - it looked like it was made of plexiglass, definitely not metallic. There was a little more pressure, discomfort and NOISE taking the sapphires off. There was a distinct SNIP sound for each one. He had some trouble getting the brackets off the front teeth. Well, I guess I should say that I was the one who had trouble. It did hurt a little more than I was expecting. So, he ended up using the drill/sander to get one of them off because I was whining when he was trying to snip it off. But the sanding was just fine. And, having my teeth shined up was fine also.

I got a mold taken to fit me with an Essex retainer which I will get on Monday.

So, I have to go off now and spend time looking at my teeth in the mirror. They look so much bigger than they used to! And, I keep running my tongue over my teeth too. It feels very strange, especially the back ones. But it feels WONDERFUL.

May you all have this experience soon (well, at least on schedule)!

joney

#2 Post by joney »

Congratulations Betty. Enjoy your semi freedom.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

fitchick

#3 Post by fitchick »

Congratulations from me too Betty. You must be so happy. Enjoy your new smile and if you have any photos then it'd be great to see them. :) :) :) :) :)
[/url]
Jun06 Lower brace on
Aug06 Root Canals completed
Mar07 Upper Brace on
July08 Braces off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lz

#4 Post by lz »

Congrats to you!!
I want to see pics too :)

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

Congrats! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

flipib05

#6 Post by flipib05 »

congrats! :D

mbarbi

#7 Post by mbarbi »

congrats!!! :D

Betty Bat

#8 Post by Betty Bat »

Meryaten,
I AM the aged relative!

And, I'm quite fond of Spanish food and sherry, so I've often appalled people by asking them if they wanted to go to a tapas bar with me. As you can imagine, many of them assumed I wanted to go to the local topless bar.