So where is everyone from, how old and braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kayakchic

#61 Post by kayakchic »

Wisconsin...right along the river :D
1st time and hopefully the only time.

acehigh

From Canada

#62 Post by acehigh »

I'm 44 and recently got braces back in December. The first hour was just devastating...lol. In fact i hopped right back in the truck and headed for the ortho's office. I wanted them taken out. I felt like crying, but held back....lol. I'm a female by the way. Anyways, he told me to give it an hour then come back. I actually left them on, thinking to myself I'll have them taken out in a week if I can't stand them. They're still on, (4 months), and it's really not that bad at all. In fact, within the first week i started to notice small changes. I'm glad I went through with it. 8)

Jesslzz

#63 Post by Jesslzz »

Female, 30, from Cordoba, Argentina. I know there are some other latin americans around here...please post! :D

Full metalmouth!

MATEO'S

#64 Post by MATEO'S »

33 female got braced in houston finishing my treatment in new orleans since im back getting them off in two weeks may 4 :wink: oh this is my first time in braces

Naranja

#65 Post by Naranja »

Hi
I'm 21, (little girl hehehehe)
from Chile :D

IndyBraceFace

#66 Post by IndyBraceFace »

24 year old female from Indianapolis, Indiana. This is my first time in braces.

Al dente

#67 Post by Al dente »

Male, 43, in Washington, DC, in braces for the first time today.

LynnHowell

#68 Post by LynnHowell »

32, Female, just outside of Houston, TX. I got my braces off last week! :)
Upper Ceramic: 8/13/04
Lower Metal: 01/13/05
Removed: 4/19/07 (finally!)

Retainers:
Upper Clear Hawley
Lower fixed & Essix
Lower fixed removed 7/06/07 (due to a small space). Lower Fuschia Hawley 7/18/07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.lynnhowell.com

crysredd

#69 Post by crysredd »

31, F, Los Angeles, have spacers in right now as I type and want to rip them out like you don't believe! Getting full upper and lower clear braces on Thursday for the 2nd time - the first time was when I was 10 yrs old and got lower metal, upper clear, for 4 long years! I developed a crossbite over the past 3 years. It has finally gotten to the point that my jaw doesn't close correctly so I had to cave in and get another round of braces. Estimated treatment is 6-10 months.

crysredd

#70 Post by crysredd »

31, F, Los Angeles, have spacers in right now as I type and want to rip them out like you don't believe! Getting full upper and lower clear braces on Thursday for the 2nd time - the first time was when I was 10 yrs old and got lower metal, upper clear, for 4 long years! I developed a crossbite over the past 3 years. It has finally gotten to the point that my jaw doesn't close correctly so I had to cave in and get another round of braces. Estimated treatment is 6-10 months.

crysredd

#71 Post by crysredd »

:oops: sorry about the double post

cmm1280

#72 Post by cmm1280 »

26 female from Florida, USA.

Braced Oct 2006, due to have these babies on for 24 months.

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

lillibut

#73 Post by lillibut »

Female from Surrey UK. 31 years old.

Had removable braces when I was 15 but being a self-conscious teenager, never wore them :oops:

Upper ceramics fitted Nov 2006. Lowers very soon - EEK!!

Estimated 20 months journey time.

mbarbi

#74 Post by mbarbi »

34 years old, female from the philippines :)

MsTiaLia

#75 Post by MsTiaLia »

Hi, I'm female, will be 27 in a couple of weeks, I live in North Carolina and I am in braces for the first time.