Getting Crozat...A little scared

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

miasmama

Getting Crozat...A little scared

#1 Post by miasmama »

Hello everyone,

I posted on here several months ago, perhaps maybe even a year ago. I was gathering some advice from all of you about getting braces. I went to an orthodontist that wanted to removed 4 teeth (bicuspbids) and then put the braces on. My dentist advised me that it wouldn't be necessary and my smile would look more "collapsed" if the teeth were removed. So I am going to my dentist who also does ortho and after saving enough money I am starting my treatment. Yesterday at my initial visit I was told I will be getting a Crozart in a month. I don't know to much about this except that for the first few days it is quite painful. I will have to have the Crozart on for several months before getting my braces (I have alot of crowding in the front)

Does anyone have any feedback both good and bad? I am a little nervous but I want straight teeth so badly.

Thanks everyone!

Amber

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

Well this is a new one. For more info check out:
http://www.crozatdoc.com/faq.html

or

http://homepage2.nifty.com/ireba/e-or_video.html

It's an interesting device. Please keep the group advised to how its goes.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

miasmama

#3 Post by miasmama »

Thanks for the replies. I had never heard of the crozat either. Really thats the last name of the guy that invented it. I was hoping maybe someone on here had it, but it doesn't look that way. Anyway its pretty much an alternative to removing teeth. I think I like that better, I still want all my teeth and I want to have a FULL beautiful smile when the braces come off, not a collapsed smile because 4 teeth are missing. When I told my sister I was getting the crozat, she called it a "palette pusher" and said she knew friends that had it and it hurts. Someone at my work had it too not to long ago and she said it was painful. But no pain no gain. I will keep everyone updated on how it goes. I get in put on May 22nd. Hopefully at least one person on here has had the crozat.

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I did a search on this site and it looks like only one person has mentioned a Crozat and that was Crowbaby, but she hasn't posted in a while.

It looks like the Crozat is more commonly used in Europe than the States or the UK. The good news is that it's removable so you can take it out to clean. There is a picture of one here

http://www.zhkplus.de/berichte/T93.shtml

They can be used on the upper or lower arch.

Let us know how you get on with it.