And there on

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

And there on

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

:banana: At last I have finally got my braces on,They actually went on yesterday(april 19th).I have Damon 3s top and bottom,but damon mmx's on the lower pre-molars.To be honest I nearly lost my bottle about an hour before the appt.but took a deep breath and went for it,after the fitting I cant believe I got my self in a state.The fitting itself was quite theraputic,considering all the stuff in my mouth,cheek retractor,cotton pads,tounge depresser/suction tude thingy,it was not uncomfortable at all,in fact I was dozing off.
The funny thing is I do not feel self consious at all about them,which is great,24 hours later though,my teeth are very sensitive today,a couple of sore spots which the wax is taking care of,the most annoying thing at the moment is that after all the hardware went in and was told to bite down,one of my upper brackets was hitting a lower tooth so I have got sone blue plastic stuff on two of my molars to open the bite until that particular tooth moves enough to stop catching,it it very annoying as I cant close my mouth properly so eating is very difficult.Anyway I will post some pics,when I get my camera fixed,the damn thing wont work when I really need it,as I want to keep a photo journal.
So now I feel part of the team now,I am using Kiwi Karens salt water rinses about 3 times a day,if anyone else has any advice it will be gratefully received,by for now :wink:

lz

#2 Post by lz »

well u are exactly a week behind me :)
That cotton they put in my mouth dried to my inside cheek and ripped a hole in my mouth when the pulled it and it was bleeding pretty bad then I did the salt water and it never turned into a canker which any scrape normally would do.
I got some straight peppermint oil from the vitamin store and put it on there too that stuff is great for sores.
I was so comfy I was about to doze too :P

acehigh

It will get better

#3 Post by acehigh »

Hello! I'm glad you're feeling good about your new braces. I've had mine now for over 4 months. After a week, you will notice a huge improvement in comfort. During my first week my cheeks were sore, lips were a bit raw and swollen, and my "f's" were whistling when I spoke....lol. I really wasn't happy about that part at all. I'm a cashier and have to talk to people constantly. Oh was it bothering me.....lol. But at last it just stopped at some point. I was so happy. Keep up with the wax, because later you won't need it. The only reason I use wax these days is to cover my top brackets so that my top lip doesn't get stuck on them when I smile. My lip is able to come back down nicely thanks to the wax. I know it sounds crazy. Hope you get your camera working soon, what a time for it to go on the fritz. :lol: Also, salt water is a great rinse. And as for the bite, you will notice changes as time moves on. One week you're biting on brackets, the next week could be another little bite problem. It will all come together at the end.

Ready2go43

#4 Post by Ready2go43 »

It is 's' I am having trouble with at the moment,but at least I am not drooling and spitting as I thought I might do LOL, so far so good though,but its only been just over 24 hours
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

acehigh

#5 Post by acehigh »

Ahhh...the s's can also be a problem. As your teeth move it will correct itself. Usually within the week. You know the problem is gone when you realize one day you're not thinking about your s's and f's......lol. At work I found i was saying my f's very quietly......lol. I sometimes can't believe how my mind works. I'm 44 by the way...female. I must say this site is just great! When I was feeling a little upset about the braces, I'd come online to this site and it would sure put me in a good mood. Some of the stories are pretty funny, because you can relate.

Ready2go43

#6 Post by Ready2go43 »

Thanks all,appreciate the feedback :thumbsup:
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower