question about seeing changes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dena

#16 Post by dena »

MsTiaLia's suggestion is a good one--I meant to take a photo of my teeth every month to document the changes but I totally stopped doing that a long time ago.

I saw a huge change in my first month, but almost no one says that. I had four teeth removed so my teeth were able to move a lot in that first month. But honestly, for the next 7 or 8 months it seemed like nothing happened. It's really weird how it seems to speed and slow. For instance, I've spent the last 3 months closing the gaps from the removed teeth. It seemed like nothing happened and then suddenly in March, the gaps just closed up really fast. Oddly enough, 3 of the gaps are almost entirely closed and the 4th one is still almost as big as it was when the tooth was removed. It's totally random.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

WiredforSound

#17 Post by WiredforSound »

I have had my braces on for almost 3 weeks now and cannot see any visible changes, yet can floss my teeth easily (for the first time in my life). Plus my bite has changed so I when I bite down, different teeth meet than before, so I know some movement must be happening. :D

Take pictures and be patient. Won't be long before we see some changes in our mouths!!
[/url]

dena

#18 Post by dena »

WiredforSound---that is often the only way I know my teeth are moving because my bite changes all the time. It's useful, but a little weird!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

acehigh

#19 Post by acehigh »

You don't realize it but they are moving even though you can't see it. I noticed some extremely small changes after about a week. Then of course I was looking REAL hard......lol. You will see the archwire slowly straighten out. Before you know it, the wires will be straight. 8)

Gap

#20 Post by Gap »

Movement does happen relatively quickly for sure, because currently, only my two front teeth are braced together to close the gap there so that the other teeth can be properly aligned. My two front teeth were braced, and two weeks from doing that, I get the rest of the wire in place because by then... my two front teeth will have moved together so significantly much that the rest will be ready to fall into place.

It's day 5, and my gap has closed about 2mm (it's funny to only have these two bracketted teeth held together by a really short archwire and a severed powerchain). I can't wait to see what it'll be like by day 14.