How soon did you see results?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamiel34

How soon did you see results?

#1 Post by Tamiel34 »

Hey Guy's!

I will have had my braces on two weeks this Tuesday. Everything is going pretty good. That first week was rough, but things are starting to feel normal now. I was wondering how soon will I see some movement? I know everyone is different, I was just curious. :D My teeth feel a little loose , but is it too soon to see a difference?

ema27

#2 Post by ema27 »

I have been wearing braces for 3 months nearly and to start i was obssessed with seeing change constantly looking at my teeth in all angles to see some difference.Thankfully after a month i kind of got bored with checking -now 3 months in there are big differences-top teeth are straighter and they are slowly coming outwards a little-which i wanted. :D
My advice is take every day at a time and before you know it changes will happen -if you look everyday theres less chance of you noticing! :D

ABraces2007

#3 Post by ABraces2007 »

i didn`t notice anything first two weeks, regarding the movement, i just had tightness, loose teeth, but then in just some days my teeth moved almost all their way in one week!!!
At my first adjustment (5 weeks past) i already had my upper arch almost completely straight!!![/img]

lz

#4 Post by lz »

I'll have my braces 2 weeks on Thursday.
I have noticed space already between 2 teeth cause I can floss alot easier now in there. I have noticed tiny amount of movement already :)

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

You won't be able to see any changes. Sorry.

The changes will be so subtle and gradual you won't see them. BUT, when you compare pictures you'll see changes in about a month. When you see the change, it will be a great moment. When I looked at photos from when I started and six weeks later and could see my top teeth I was so excited I was walking on air. After twenty years of no teeth showing and then to have them, wow what a concept!

For me, I notice changes more readily and easily in flossing. One day the space is a bit tighter between two teeth and the next day they're looser.

Best of luck, take pictures and enjoy the journey.

Mike
Last edited by iBorg on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Clairey Fairey

#6 Post by Clairey Fairey »

4 weeks and not 'noticed' any changes....

Just 4 days in spacers and there was a massive, obvious difference. My front teeth don't meet any more since spacers!!

travelbug

#7 Post by travelbug »

I just got braced last Friday, and I could feel differences in my bite within a couple of days. I have a few areas in my mouth where I can floss a lot easier, too - also within just a couple of days.

ariel86

#8 Post by ariel86 »

i got braced last wednesday at 3 pm. I have spaces between each of my upper front teeth and slight overjet. at 11pm, on wednesday, 8 hours after getting braces, one of the spaces was already closed! and after like 3 days one space openend in the bottom teeth. since that i didnt see any other movement, but i was really excited to see something happen just 8 hours after.