Braces and a Baby Bump!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravishing

Braces and a Baby Bump!

#1 Post by Ravishing »

Hubby and I recently found out that I'm pregnant :heart:

I went for an adjustment at the ortho yesterday and he said to keep up with my routine of brushing and flossing as usual, just take a little more time and be a little more careful in doing so. He also recommended a product called Orabase for when my gums are feeling inflamed (they have been lately). He said I should be able to find it in any pharmacy but I haven't been able to find it. Has anyone used this product or do you know of something else I can do to help soothe my gums on the days they are bothering me?

Will salt water rinses help with this?

[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

At last

#2 Post by At last »

Just wanted to say Congradulations on the baby!

Spacers ~ June 21, 2006
All metal Braces ~ Jul 11, 2006
Est. Treatment time ~ 18 months

Danielle

#3 Post by Danielle »

Congratulations!!!
Metal Braces: August 18, 2006-January 14, 2009
Essix-type Retainers: January 14, 2009--present

iBorg

#4 Post by iBorg »

Normally our little family gets larger by getting "wired." Congrats on making it a bit larger in such a non traditional way. :lol:

Seriously, enjoy this wonderful event in your life. Our thoughts will be with you for a healthy and happy child.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

mbarbi

#5 Post by mbarbi »

congrats!!! :)

jess214

#6 Post by jess214 »

Congratulations! :D
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08

Delag

#7 Post by Delag »

What wonderful news! I miss those soft baby heads next to my cheek *sigh* Enjoy every moment - the good and the bad. Write everything down because believe it or not, you will forget the little things like when they started crawling or what you craved while pg. Last bit of advice - take lots of pictures of yourself pregnant - the kids love to see themselves when they were a growing bump.

PrincessMelody

#8 Post by PrincessMelody »

Just wanted to say CONGRATS!

And on where to get Orabase, I saw at the grocery store this weekend. Not sure what gorcery chains you have in NC, but I saw it a Vons/Safeway. So I guess try checking out grocery stores?
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

ucldbmine

#9 Post by ucldbmine »

I too am el preggo with a metal mouth. I can't use the orabase cause the taste of it makes me want to heave. If I could still use it though they sell it at all of my local grocery stores.

Ravishing

#10 Post by Ravishing »

Thanks for all of your congratulations and the advice on the orabase. My gums have calmed down for the time being but I will start looking for it in grocery stores.

ucldbmine, how far along are you?
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

3Scorpios

#11 Post by 3Scorpios »

Congrats on the baby news!!!!!! Woooooooo!!!!!!!!

spimpy

#12 Post by spimpy »

Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy and Congrats!

My husband and I are thinking of it too; have you noticed any special sensitivity in your mouth (other than your gums) since being pregnant? Any significant changes in your teeth? Pain? Was just wondering if being braced and pregnant produces any changes in your treatment.

splurgal

#13 Post by splurgal »

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! :D I'm also expecting a baby in September. How many weeks along are you?

Spimpy - i was told that the only thing that would be done differently is that they won't take xrays. No extra pain etc apart from my gums seem to bleed a bit more readily than they did but that happens in non braced pregnant people too. Hope that is of some help :)

spimpy

#14 Post by spimpy »

Thanks for the info Splurgal, and congratulations on your little package on the way too! And to all of you expecting as well...:dance: