Gold Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

frankiesgirl

Gold Braces

#1 Post by frankiesgirl »

Hi Everyone! Newbie here!

I'm getting braced this Wed. (4/25). I'm considering gold ones. Can anyone provide me personal opinions about these?

Thanks!

frankiesgirl

#2 Post by frankiesgirl »

Thank u Maryaten!

Everything u said is helpful! It's been a whirlwind for me. I just found out this past Wed that I needed and them and BAM! 7 days letter I'm going to have them. I don't know much about braces except that it's okay to be past 25 and have them!

cally

#3 Post by cally »

I'm getting gold ones tomorrow morning. All the assistants in the ortho's office had gold and they looked really nice. I'd say "go for it!" Cally

frankiesgirl

#4 Post by frankiesgirl »

Cally,

How do you like your braces?

Huon

#5 Post by Huon »

In my first bracing experience it was all bands and no brackets, as the necessary glues hadn't been developed and the bands were gold, rather than steel. Those few people who had braces went around with a great display of gold in their mouths. The modern gold brackets are much more discrete.
Huon

Boolajoojoo

#6 Post by Boolajoojoo »

I call the gold ones pirate braces! And I think they're very pretty because they have a nice warm color. The first ortho I consulted with offered the gold brackets at no additional cost, but the ortho I ended up with didn't have them as an option. I think I would have gone for the gold if I'd had the choice.

cally

#7 Post by cally »

I like them. They aren't FLASHY, but rather subtle. I chose light pink ligs for this first round. May go with something bolder next time. Cally

goldmetal

gold brackets

#8 Post by goldmetal »

Since I wear gold jewelry, I decided to go with the gold brackets on bottom. I have had them since December. I haven't seen anyone with gold which was another motivator to get them. :wink: