oww..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alanme123

oww..

#1 Post by alanme123 »

well i just got braced today...and after i felt fine but now it hurts like ****...any advice? cuz i cant bite on anythin so i can only drink fluids....oww and only like 1 teeth hurts besides my molars...from the spacers. so like do they move 1-2 teeth each month?

3Scorpios

#2 Post by 3Scorpios »

:soremouth: It will get better!! I could only eat soft things (lived on soup, yogurt & pasta) for the first week, but on day 8 I had a burger... just had to cut up with knife & fork. It was worth it though! I'm a month in and still have to cut everything up... my front teeth aren't specifically 'sore' but they just feel too weak to bite anything more than a biscuit or soft banana.

I just had an adjustment yesterday so I think I'm back to soft stuff for a few days...... hang in there!!!!!! :-#)

alanme123

#3 Post by alanme123 »

man i still got a long way to go. i hope i can make it =D it will all be worth it tho. this is my second day on braces so yea my front teeth and molars are hurting....so i gotta have liquid....i got some of those ensure plus thats like a complete meal replacement so i think i can live on those for a day or two.. thx for the advice! im sure i will use most of them XD. What a great community!!

KatK

#4 Post by KatK »

Hello!

The single best advice I have gotten from this board is to chew chew chew right away. Chew through the pain. Two weeks in I was fine with biting again, and was able to stop cutting everything. Don't baby those teeth! :-) (Ok, maybe for the first few days you can...)
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

alanme123

#5 Post by alanme123 »

the pain gotten worse. i couldnt chew anything..lol so im just eatin congee right now...best for me now. take it easy

MissSMILEY

#6 Post by MissSMILEY »

I've been cutting up all of my foods too. I'm at 3 weeks and thinking of jumping into biting soft tacos..... I'm tired of soups, soft breads with no meat and protein shakes.

KatK

#7 Post by KatK »

I got started on biting directly into food by eating muffins, breads and bannanas... these were great transition foods!
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!

KatK

#8 Post by KatK »

ok, i thought of another food that was great for transitioning into biting.... toasted bread.. because it's a little bit harder than normal bread. I ate toasted english muffins! You get the idea....

Good luck ! :-)
Last edited by KatK on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!

alanme123

#9 Post by alanme123 »

okay i will try biting food. i did take a pain killer like 30 mins ago so it might help. thx for the advice!! :D

skyclad

transition foods

#10 Post by skyclad »

Well the night I got my braces, I tried a gyro, yeah i had to cut it up but yum. Then owwwww. on to bananas. lots of bananas.

here is what i can eat a week later.
bananas
cookies (soft)
burritos
beef stew (this takes forever but totally worth it.)
pancakes
lots of mac and cheese
today i had a tuna melt and birthday cake

things I learned i am not ready for...
cereal
bacon
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

alanme123

#11 Post by alanme123 »

i learned not to have any meat the hard way. i was tryin to eat even cut-up beef but my front teeth were too weak to bite and my molars are hurtin from the spacers. so it was either i dont eat it or i swallow it whole...lol so i just ate some pasta...by cuttin it with my lips and front teeth...oww

yovi86

#12 Post by yovi86 »

Hi Alanme123, Congratz on getting the braces..hehehe

I got my braces 3 days ago and I eat bread every single day ... heheheh.... But it did get soar after a while especially day 2..take pain killer..it helps :)

cheers :D

alanme123

#13 Post by alanme123 »

ty !! and u just got braces 3 days ago so cheers to u too! So anyways, its gettin better i guess. my teeth are still weak. but u guys advised me to still chew chew chew so i tried my hardest. its weak but it isnt unbearable. i hope i can eat tomorrow =D thx for advice!! :D

alanme123

#14 Post by alanme123 »

My molars still hurts....cant bite lol

alanme123

#15 Post by alanme123 »

Hey, im back and my teeth is getting way better! This is like my 5th day and i can eat a burger without having to cut it with anything! It was a little bit painful but i managed! I suggest soft food and work your way up :D