Wisdom teeth removal

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jenfire

Wisdom teeth removal

#1 Post by jenfire »

Hi all,
I had one of my wisdom teeth removed about a year ago because it was hurting but did not get the others removed at that time. The other wisdom tooth on the bottom is now beginning to hurt a bit. I was wondering what the "recovery" time is for getting all 3 wisdom teeth extracted at the same time (I'd have to go to an oral surgeon as 2 are impacted) versus only extracting the wisdom tooth in pain.

Do you think getting the three out now would put me out of commission for a few days, or is it not too bad?

Thanks for any insight!
Ceramic Braces and RPE, estimated treatment 18 months

cowlypso

#2 Post by cowlypso »

I had a bit of an infection after mine that took a few days for my body to knock out. I got them out on a Wednesday. Felt pretty bad for the rest of the week, but was okay by Monday. I took longer to feel better because of the infection, though, and still it was less than a week.

I can tell you, though, that my mouth felt loads better when I got the stitches out.

I definitely would just get them all done at once, if you're going to need them done. Why keep going back to do it one at a time? For most people, they can go back to stuff in a day or two. If you get it done on a Thursday or something, you'll have the whole weekend to recover as well.

momof3

#3 Post by momof3 »

deleted
Last edited by momof3 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamiel34

#4 Post by Tamiel34 »

My husband had all 4 of his out at the same time. All of his were impacted and he did great! He really did not have much swelling at all. Just be sure to follow all of the docs. instructions and you should be fine! :D