Braced Yesterday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Machiavellian

Braced Yesterday

#1 Post by Machiavellian »

I got Speed brackets put on and a nance appliance. I like the brackets, they are small and feel fairly comfortable. The nance appliance is driving me insane, it is so hard to talk with it in, how long did those who had to wear one wait until it came off?

cally

#2 Post by cally »

I've had a Nance since Tuesday. I have almost unintelligible speech. Eating is also a chore as none of my teeth touch and only one contacts the bite plate at this point. Sigh...

My ortho said 3-6 mos for me and my Nance, altho the tech said a very lucky few can get rid of it by the first adjustment. As soon as my molars touch again, mine is coming off.

Good luck and you have my sympathy.

Cally

alanme123

#3 Post by alanme123 »

whats a nance, and speed bracket? sry im new to this braces thing

Machiavellian

#4 Post by Machiavellian »

In my case I am using the Speed System. If you go to their website you can actually find a testimonial from my orthodontist, Rob Tocchio.

This nance appliance is still driving me crazy, the only thing my ortho told me was that it wouldn't be in for the entire duration of treatment, which is the only thing keeping my sanity.

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

. The important thing is this is a procedure (most people on this forum refer to it as a journey) that hopefully will make a positive improvement for the rest of your life.

As for wisdom (thanks to KK), this is what she was told from her ortho on the day she got her braces:

Don't let braces change your daily life ...
Let this be a positive experience ...
Braces don't stop you from doing things, you do that ...
Attitude is everything ...

Finally take pictures before the braces, and pictures in the first two days with braces. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.