Much progress after 9 months?? Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skittley80

Much progress after 9 months?? Pics

#1 Post by skittley80 »

Hey everyone, I've been braces for about 9 months and 1 week. I don't know if i'm getting frustrated or what, but it seems that my ortho hasn't done much of anything with my teeth in these 9 months. For the last few months he has been trying to push apart two of my teeth to make room for one that was hiding in the back, and I just feel like he could be doing other things while doing that. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, Here are some pictures, my top teeth haven't done much of anything lol, but they weren't really that bad to begin with. What do you all think of the progress I've made so far?

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

vivi21

#2 Post by vivi21 »

:-1 skittley80 woo :shock: your teeth are looking really good but i know how u feel i was so surprise on how your bottom teeth look so much like mine i have the same problem like u do with that same bottom tooth on the same side last time i was at the Ortho they said something about a extraction have they say anything to u about this :?: :?: i think thats the easy route to go but i don't know i could be wrong what do u think :?: :?:

don't give me wrong i also hope that i'm wrong and our Orthos have something magical to fix this problem a.s.a.p. before the sentance date comes up, lol :lol:
Got my Braces on 08-04-06
Now on Hawley

MissSMILEY

#3 Post by MissSMILEY »

skitt, they look awesome! I'm so jealous!!!!

3Scorpios

#4 Post by 3Scorpios »

I think they are looking great! You have a beautiful arch on the top now and I see tons of progress on the bottom...... keep your chin up skitt!

sashamax

#5 Post by sashamax »

Your upper arch looks great. Will the ortho take the braces off the upper arch if it is in place before the lower arch?

It is a question that I have for my ortho, not that i'm near done yet, I just wondered if both arches need to stay in braces, or if there is scope to take the braces off one arch if it is in place months before the other.

Your bottom arch is moving along nicely too. I can see differences between all 3 photos.

skittley80

#6 Post by skittley80 »

Hi again, Thanks everyone for their replies, I feel much better now. The ultimate goal of my braces are to straighten and prepare me for jaw surgery. I will be having upper and lower hopefully later this year. My bite is very bad lol. The ortho said i would be in braces for 18 months prior to jaw surgery and 6 months after.. So if the 18 months is true, I'm halfway there.. woohoo!! I am hoping it won't take the whole 18 months though.

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

Gennel

#7 Post by Gennel »

I think you have made really,really good progress! The bottom has made amazing progress dear! Exactly what is he doing to make space for that bottom tooth? I know it's easier said than done but you have to have some patience with making space for that tooth that needs to come forward. You would not want him to bracket that tooth and try to move it forward,then you'll risk hurting the surrounding teeth.Seems like that tooth is the only main problem you have right now. My top were very ,very bad and they straightened up fast and that was 10 months ago. Now I feel that not much is happenining but there is lot's happening that only x-rays could show! Remember your roots take longer to move into their new place and your teeth need time to settle.

Gennel

jennielee81

#8 Post by jennielee81 »

Your arches are moving along nicely!

"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm