NU2this

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mbraced

NU2this

#1 Post by Mbraced »

Hi all, I want to thank you all for your experiences. In about an hour and a half from now I will begin my journey. Some of you have made me feel good about this and others have made me wonder. Anyway, I will be back after I get them on and let you know how it went.

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

How did it go?

MissSMILEY

#3 Post by MissSMILEY »

Welcome to the party bus! It will be a long ride but atleast you'll have some good company.

Mbraced

It went fine...

#4 Post by Mbraced »

Hey guys, getting them put on wasn't too bad. I don't know if I am just being a two year old or if it really does this bad by the second day. I am living on ibuprofen right now. I'm just waiting for it to get better.

MissSMILEY

#5 Post by MissSMILEY »

I lived on Codeine for 2 weeks and ibu 800 for one week and now I'm all back to just wincing but no whining. So no, it's not just you being a 2 yr old.

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

Congratulations!

I had pain for about a week then it was just sore when I bit into things after that for a bit then everything was fine.

Don't let anyone tell you that it is abnormal to feel pain! Take the ibuprofin whenever you need it!

I'll bet you'll start feeling a lot of relief in the next day or two. Remember, that in the future you may have a single tooth or an entire arch that will be sore from time to time as well. You'll get used to it!! We all do eventually. The pain/discomfort never really last for more than a day or two once the initial stuff if over with.

Welcome aboard!! Keep us posted and don't ever be concerned about whining to us, that's what we're here for!!

"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Mbraced

#7 Post by Mbraced »

Ya know what? It really hurt for about 3 days and now 5 days in to it the pain is really subsided. Unless I try to bite down on something, that still has some pain associated. You guys are great, thanks for the input.

HeadgearJoe

#8 Post by HeadgearJoe »

hi , yep chewing realy does help, however there are times after adjustments i just don't won't to but know i need to , good luck , headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

iBorg

#9 Post by iBorg »

Don't fear any pain. It will get better. What you feel will differ from others. Take what medications you need to get over the pain but use your teeth. You've heard the old saying Use it or Lose IT. Nothing is more true than using your teeth to get over the pain.

Take pictures as soon as you can. When you get disgusted with the process, look at the progress shown in those pictures. Even after a couple of weeks, they’ll give you great encouragement.

Welcome to the board and enjoy the experience.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Carolinahigh12

#10 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

Hi Iborg, just stopping thru to find out how you have been doing?
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

iBorg

#11 Post by iBorg »

Feel free to drop by whenever. As weird as this ride is, I need the company. I know when I started my ortho mentioned surgery but my response was not in my future. Know that I've been wired for seven months I can see the advantage of surgery and am working toward it.

What an intersting change in direction!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.