Braced Yesterday

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

crysredd

Braced Yesterday

#1 Post by crysredd »

Well, the day came and went. I now have braces (again!). I was told "probably" Inspire ICE is the brand but now that I look at them, they don't match the brackets on the website. I will get some pics together when I have a chance. I am having headaches on and off, taking advil, and my teeth are tender. I was able to eat turkey meatloaf and potatoes last night for dinner so the pain isn't too bad.

The procedure itself only took about 1 1/2 hours (they said plan for 2). The assistant could not find a molar ring to fit my molars (I don't know terminology like you guys do!) so she spent so much time trying to fit me. I am not too happy about them - they are not smooth on the tongue side (like I had when I was a kid) they are kinda pointy and I am completely aware of them. Well, my face looks like I got my lips done so now I actually fit in here in LA (haha). So now I have full upper and lower clear brackets (with 1 metal bracket on each lower premolar). I kinda still feel the cement on my molars - should I tell them about this or will it go away. Also after having the spacers in, I fell like my bite is off and I still feel that way. I mentioned it to the assistant and she said it was normal but that she will make note of it in my chart to make sure the doctor checks it on my next visit. Does this sound right?

crysredd

#2 Post by crysredd »

Thanks Meryaten so much for kind words. Yes that pic is correct - I guess the "cleats" are on the inside of my jaw and I am aware of them. If by the next visit (May 30th) they still bother me, I will say something.

MissSMILEY

#3 Post by MissSMILEY »

Oooh, can't wait to see your pics. I am not sure what brand of brackets I have be he said they are comparable to Inspire ICE and they are really clear. I'm still shy about my teeth so hopefully you have the same ones as mine and we can find a name. Not that it's really important but I just like to know these things. 8)

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Meryaten wrote:I'll confess - I wussed out on mine, and my ortho kindly snipped them off. My tongue was extremely grateful ;)
There was times that I wanted to have the ortho snipp them off but then again I just sat there and said, if he snips them off will he need them further down the road. I guess I'll stick with them for now.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008