I got 'em

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mbraced

I got 'em

#1 Post by Mbraced »

I am now officially a 33 year old male with braces, on the top anyway. My Dr. wants to let the top shift a bit before adding the bottoms in a few weeks. I came home to eat a bite before the pain set in and lost a bracket though. Now I have to go back to the office this afternoon. Has this happened to anyone else?

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

congrats , yep i guess most of us have lost brackets, i lost a bracket that night after getting mine , hope it goes well for you , :pinkbraces: headgearjoe
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

skibunnie29

#3 Post by skibunnie29 »

Congrats. I got braced today as well. Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. I'm going through the wax. :)
Braced April 26th 2007
Inspire ICE on top.
Metal on bottom.

MissSMILEY

#4 Post by MissSMILEY »

In three weeks I've gone through 7 lil packages of wax. It doesn't matter what brand, flavor, or color they all did the job. :banana:

Carolinahigh12

#5 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

congrats on the new journey !!!!
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

LaaLaa

#6 Post by LaaLaa »

Hi Mbraced, yup you're definately not alone. One of the brackets at the back of my mouth came off a few days after getting my top braces put on and even had a wire pop off the night I got them on. I called my ortho right up on their office phone as well as on my doctor's cell and went in the same day to get things fixed so, if something's really bothering you and the wax isn't helping, you shouldn't hesitate to call your doctor. :wink:

bracesafter40

Re: I got 'em

#7 Post by bracesafter40 »

I am now officially a 33 year old male with braces, on the top anyway. My Dr. wants to let the top shift a bit before adding the bottoms in a few weeks. I came home to eat a bite before the pain set in and lost a bracket though. Now I have to go back to the office this afternoon. Has this happened to anyone else?
Congrats! Welcome to the Club [braced grin]. Did you get metal?
Yup, I lost a bracket the second night after my bottoms went in; just came loose overnight, found it on my tongue the next morning. Two weeks later, the same one came off again. When I go back to my Ortho in about two weeks, she will put it back on. For now, she clipped the wire (it was poking me) as she did not have enough time to put it back on properly.

I had my tops for 5 weeks before the bottoms were put in for the same reason you mentioned in your case.
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

onedayperfect

#8 Post by onedayperfect »

Congrats, Mbraced. And welcome