Kissing and sore teeth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

onedayperfect

Kissing and sore teeth

#1 Post by onedayperfect »

Anyone else find their teeth are really sore after kissing? its hurting me alot more than eating at the moment :cry:

lemonlyme

#2 Post by lemonlyme »

My teeth are kind of sore, but it's more my lips for some reason. I had uh..kissed for..a few hours probably last night, and it's not my teeth but my lips feel sore it's weird! Boyyy do i feel like a high schooler! making out for hours and braces..Good times ;)

ariel86

#3 Post by ariel86 »

seriously, how does it feel to kiss in braces, like im dating a guy and we make out quite often since a few months, but we never met in private since i have the braces so i have no idea how it is, and if it works like normal kiss. i guess ill see him soon but i want to know how to kiss good with that! please tell me!! :oops:

onedayperfect

#4 Post by onedayperfect »

ariel86 wrote:seriously, how does it feel to kiss in braces, like im dating a guy and we make out quite often since a few months, but we never met in private since i have the braces so i have no idea how it is, and if it works like normal kiss. i guess ill see him soon but i want to know how to kiss good with that! please tell me!! :oops:
Its no different at all, everything will be great and nothing to be worried about.

Thx for the replys guys 8)

Clairey Fairey

#5 Post by Clairey Fairey »

My boyfriend has braces!!

So I wonder what it'll be like kissing someone who already has braces himself!! That will be interesting!!

onedayperfect

#6 Post by onedayperfect »

Clairey Fairey wrote:My boyfriend has braces!!

So I wonder what it'll be like kissing someone who already has braces himself!! That will be interesting!!
Again no problem, my very same position 8)

bracesafter40

#7 Post by bracesafter40 »

come on folks; of course it is different!
If you have other appliances in your mouth, such as an expander or molar bands it will feel different and you have to be careful with the tongue...
My other half was funny; being scared at first, but better now about it all :-)...Just keep that tongue inside the mouth and dont' wander around the outside of the teeth or they may get cut...

If you are hard at kissing, it does hurt later due to all the anxiety :-).

I've not kissed anyone with braces, so I don't know how that feels. I can just imagine that the metals may hit from time to time.

Took long enough for this topic to surface :-)...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

Delag

#8 Post by Delag »

I had uh..kissed for..a few hours
Ok, that´s it! I am going to hide the remote control from my DH! :lol:

Seriously, I have to remind my hubby to be a bit gentle or my lips take a beating.

Willz

#9 Post by Willz »

Sometimes I get sore lips, only if we have been kissing more than usual lol.

LithpingLitha

#10 Post by LithpingLitha »

I can only handle gentle kisses.
Too much pressure on my front teeth is a no-no and I don't like feeling as though my lips are about to get ripped on the brackets. In short, passionate kisses have gone by the wayside for now.
I may invest in bumpers once my teeth are in better alignment.
22 months in treatment (upper ceramics, gelb on lower arch and then self-ligating brackets), hawley retainers
LithpingLitha's Braces Story

metalchic

#11 Post by metalchic »

So the old myths from high school about two people wearing braces who kiss will get "lip locked" was just a myth... :lol:

gunter8888

#12 Post by gunter8888 »

The braces lock probably is just a myth, but it makes good, teenage comedy.

Kissing, like eating, really depends on how recently I have had an adjustment and how extensive the adjustment was. For a day or two after an adjustment I prefer the gentle kisses. After a couple days most anything goes. Although, I don't like anything that pushes my lips into my brackets; that can be uncomfortable.

Its a good thing braces haven't really hindered my kissing. Going 2 years without my wife's kisses would be a punishment worse than death! :D
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

Clairey Fairey

#13 Post by Clairey Fairey »

onedayperfect wrote:
Clairey Fairey wrote:My boyfriend has braces!!

Again no problem, my very same position 8)
Yes, It's Fine!! (fully braced yesterday)

No problems there :D

Miss Smiley

#14 Post by Miss Smiley »

My clear, ceramic brackets aren't so smooth as they have hooks starting from the canines to molars. They hurt when I pucker up and he gives me a good night kiss on the lips. We have toned back on the crazy, passionate movie kisses because my front teeth are still sensitive to pressure. I guess it's changed a little for me, but I can't say that is the standard for all.

yse

#15 Post by yse »

I'e had mine for 3 months and there's simply no way I could kiss anyone with these things on my teeth, not even a peck. Too awkward and uncomfortable on a good day, painful on a bad one.
Oh well. It'll be worth it in the end. :roll: