bite turbos? feh - I have bracket bumpers!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tommyfive

bite turbos? feh - I have bracket bumpers!

#1 Post by tommyfive »

I got my tops on march 21, bottoms on april 19.

when they put the bottom brackets on and took out all the lip/mouth spreaders, they had me bite down to see how it all fit and immediately i knew the top teeth met those bottom brackets (not quite ouch, but it would have been!).

so i thought they would perhaps glue things to the backs of my top teeth to stop them from hitting the brackets. nope.

they used these cool big fat ligs which have 'bumpers' on the tops which stop my top teeth from even getting close to the bottom brackets.

they look kind of weird, but hey: i have metal things glued to my teeth; whaddyawant?

they also had to build up my back teeth so they would stop me from biting too hard and chomping off those bottom brackets (despite those bumper ligs). that part's not so nice - it took some getting used to the unexpected "premature molar crash" effect and since my teeth are moving that stuff just ain't settling into a bite yet... some mornings one side closes, other mornings the other doesn't...

war stories anyone?
-tommy
top arch braced 3/21/07
new wire on top 4/19
bottom arch braced 4/19
buccal tube lost on 5/4, replaced on 5/5
new bottom wire on 6/26 (I think)
top & bottom chains (round 1) installed on 7/24 (ouch)

LaaLaa

#2 Post by LaaLaa »

I got metal lower brackets put on today and my top teeth are definitely hitting some brackets on the bottom. It hurts like a mother and I literally cannot chew anything!! Simply because my back teeth do not touch each other whatsoever. Liquids only. Plus the rubber bracket protectors they put on are preventing me from chewing even more. I honestly don't know how long I could go like this and today's only the first day!! *sigh*

LynnHowell

#3 Post by LynnHowell »

When my top teeth were hitting the lower brackets, my ortho applied what he called 'THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR buttons'. Little mounds of cement to the back molars.

Without a doubt the worst part of the whole braces experience for me. I couldn't bite anything and my top molars were so sore from hitting the THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR buttons on the lower molars. If you can avoid having the buttons applied, you'll save yourself some pain and frustration.
Upper Ceramic: 8/13/04
Lower Metal: 01/13/05
Removed: 4/19/07 (finally!)

Retainers:
Upper Clear Hawley
Lower fixed & Essix
Lower fixed removed 7/06/07 (due to a small space). Lower Fuschia Hawley 7/18/07
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.lynnhowell.com

platinum

#4 Post by platinum »

I would like to have those too!!!! Or molar build ups at least.

My crappy retainer is soooooo annoying. My upper front teeth do not hit bottom brackets because of my overjet but premolars and molars do.