Update - Progress Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gracie381

Update - Progress Pics

#1 Post by gracie381 »

Hey guys!! I'm back!! I know I said I would try to check in more regular, but boy things at work sure have been busy. I've been working over for the past few weeks. I work at a newspaper, so deadlines can be a pain sometimes!! LOL! Anyways, hope everyone is doing good!! Not alot has changed for me in the past 3 months or so. My gaps are finally closing on the bottom!! Sure took them long enough!! I'm now entering my 17th month in braces. I'm pretty used to them at this point, but am getting ready for them to come off!! At first I was just so excited about getting straight teeth, and now they look almost perfect to me, so I'm like TAKE THEM OFF!! LOL!! They don't seem to want to listen though. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for August, but my ortho says it will be close. Anyway, whether they do or not, it's out of my control!! I just thought I would upload a before and after that shows my bite. You really can't tell that much difference in the front view since the last time I posted pics, so I'll just show you these, because they show the biggest improvement!! I'm so pleased!! Hope everyone is doing well, and I promise I will try to check in soon!! Love u guys and thanks so much for all your support!! You are the greatest!!

AFTER MY 1ST ADJUSTMENT

NOW AFTER MY APRIL 27 ADJUSTMENT
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Carolinahigh12

#2 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

WOW, your teeth are looking beautiful ....
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Tin Indian

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

8) WOW! 8) Way to go Garcie!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

becks

#4 Post by becks »

Very nice Gracie! Love the way your top lined up. Your before looks similar to mine...better actually. Congrats!
Braced ~ March 13, 2007

LaaLaa

#5 Post by LaaLaa »

Wow!! Your teeth are looking great!! I have just gotten four extractions and have gaps about the same size as the ones you had, on all four spots so your pictures are very inspiring! I keep looking at my teeth in the mirror a couple of times a day, worrying when and if these gaps will start to close up (although I know I'm not going to see any changes :lol: ).

looloog

#6 Post by looloog »

Wow, thats really amzing progress!

Miss Smiley

#7 Post by Miss Smiley »

Ahhh......we had a smililar lookng mouth! I see what I have to look forward too! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! I hope my teeth look like that at month 17!

chrisd

#8 Post by chrisd »

looking fantastic. and i love those yellow ligs!
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

joney

#9 Post by joney »

Looking great Gracie

Thanks for posting those pics. I have a similar crowding and openbite scenario with my teeth and and have had extractions. It's great to see it resolved in somebody else as most people here on archwired seem to have the overbite problem as I think open bites are a lot less common and seem to be somethimes treated with surgery.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)