lip stick color???!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tamiel34

lip stick color???!!!

#1 Post by Tamiel34 »

Hey Ladies!
I was wondering, have you changed your lip stick color since being braced? I would wear a brownish lip liner with a lighter lip stick color, kind of a mocha color. Now I find that color highlights my braces. I have been wearing a light color when I go out, but mostly just lip gloss. Is it just because I'm more aware of my braces, or has everyone changed their lipstick color. Just another off the wall thought (yes, I get these often!!! :lol: )

Delag

#2 Post by Delag »

I do that too. I go a bit lighter on the lips and I put a bit more on the eyes. It balances me out better with the braces.

MissDiana

#3 Post by MissDiana »

I've def. been leaning more towards a clear red gloss since I got the braces. The usual pink gloss I used to wear just sort of looks odd now.

TLB in Minneapolis

#4 Post by TLB in Minneapolis »

Hi Tamiel-

Yes, I have. I used to wear a brownish pink liner from Rimmel with lipgloss and it doesn't look as good with braces. Since my braces 3 days ago, I have only been wearing lip balm because my lips are dry. I just bought a MAC lipstick called 'frost', and it looks pretty good.

**By the way, do you have metal or ceramic braces?

Hope everything is going good for you,

Trish

cally

#5 Post by cally »

I've noticed the same thing. Light works MUCH better. Cally

acehigh

#6 Post by acehigh »

I've always worn lipsticks on the pink shade, with plenty of lip moisturizer. I find the moisturizer just makes your lips feel good. It's funny though, I sometimes like to wear earrings and a necklace, and WOW :shock: , it's as if the jewellery clashes with the braces......lol. (I'm wearing Inovation clear). At first I just didn't wear any jewellery, but now, after five months.....let it clash.....lol. :P

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

If I wear lippy or makeup at all, which is only for social occasions (not work) I go for the goth kind of look anyway, so any lippy I wear is quite dark. I haven't felt the need to change it since getting braces.

Tamiel34

#8 Post by Tamiel34 »

Very interesting everyone!

Hi TLB!
I have metal top and bottom. I was going to put ceramics on top, but it seems like you can see the bottom more than the top anyway. Hope everything is going good for you!!! :D

19Braceface

#9 Post by 19Braceface »

Yes i used to wear darker colors, but now i wear lighter ones. I started this routine the week after i got braces. I try to bring out my eyes rather than my mouth during this "ugly betty" time... :shock: <--- see that's me

lz

#10 Post by lz »

I have done the same thing as well...
I always used a mocha brown color but it seems to make my braces stand out more and just doesn't look good. I now use a light pinky kinda mauve color...same color as my lips.

skyclad

It sounds kind of strange

#11 Post by skyclad »

light colors dont look great on me, they tend to wash me out, I have found that I look best in darker colors, I do my makeup in goth light. I use dark purple eyeliner and use is sparingly but somehow still manage to look a bit goth. I use dark lipstick b/c it makes my teeth look whiter.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

skyclad

Burts Bees

#12 Post by skyclad »

Right now I am using Burts Bees lip shimmer in champagne (yes I know this contradicts what I just posted) but it's all I have right now and it's clearish, makes my lips tingle and smell good. they have other colors I got mine at Ulta, and I have seen it at barnes and noble, walgreens and such. It's $4 but totally worth it b/c my lips dont feel dry or cracked or shriveled or any of the other evil things braces do to lips.
When you win, nothing hurts....Joe Namath

sweetgirl

#13 Post by sweetgirl »

for as long as i can remember, i've always tried to accentuate my eyes and not my mouth because of my less-than-perfect smile. i used to go heavier on the eye make-up and use a natural lip color, clear lip gloss, or just a moisturizer. now that i have braces (ceramics on top and metal on bottom) i find that lip gloss or even too much moisturizer really accentuates my braces and all th metal in my mouth, so i'll probably go even lighter on the lips until my braces are off.