Braces off tomorrow!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

splurgal

Braces off tomorrow!

#1 Post by splurgal »

Eeek, I should be getting my fixed braces off tomorrow. Am looking forward to it but not looking forward to getting the impressions done for the retainers as I remember it all to well the first time! I shall have to just think positive of the outcome afterwards.
Anyone got any tips for surviving the impressions??

On another note I found out i'm expecting a little boy today :D

crysredd

#2 Post by crysredd »

Congrats on the baby boy! You must be very excited!

my advice to you (when you get your molds done for the retainers) is to just relax. I know it's an annoying feeling but just make sure your nose isnt stuffy so that you can breathe thru it and relax.

Thathrill

#3 Post by Thathrill »

wow! I can't wait till I can say that. Cgrats to the baby boy and cgrats on getting those braces out. If you are stuffy, sudafed should clear up on enough for the molds.

Betty Bat

#4 Post by Betty Bat »

Congrats on both counts also!

I got my upper braces off on April 19 and got the mold taken for my retainer at that time. I started having a little trouble with the mold and then the assistant told me to tilt my head forward while the stuff was in my mouth and that seemed to do the trick.

BracesRacer

#5 Post by BracesRacer »

I can't wait until I get to say that! Ugh its still forever away. I really dont mind my braces much anymore I think i have gotten to the acceptance stage... but I still want em out!

Congrats on the baby boy!

splurgal

#6 Post by splurgal »

Thanks for all your congrats! :D
I now have naked teeth, they look so nice but my mouth is a little sore from the ordeal. I panicked during the top impressions and launched it across me, the ortho and the floor :oops: They made up some super fast setting stuff and I managed that. I'm off back this afternoon for the retainer fitting. I will try not to make such a scene.
It is worth the wait and the poking and prodding!:) I'll post a pic when I have taken one.

BracesRacer

#7 Post by BracesRacer »

Wait... I am not sure what you mean by panicked? Like shot the gew all over or the gew and some other stuff too? hehe. Deffinately post some pics it inspires me to see some before and after pics and helps me remember why I am doing all this!