waiting for 1st adjustment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

manna22

waiting for 1st adjustment

#1 Post by manna22 »

Anyone know how much movement I will see? I've had my braces on for 16 days now, and I've seen movement but it's been little...nothing like I was thinking, and for some reason my 1st adjustment isn't scheduled til the end of Jun 2 months after them being put on...

I'm not sure if I should be happy at the fact that I will be able to eat normally for that long (I heard your 1st adjustment is just awful after)

but I was just wondering..

manna22

#2 Post by manna22 »

Thanks for the response...when the first adjustments happen...I wont have the discomfort on my gums will I when my mouth was getting use to the brackets? I dont have the regular elastics i have ceramics with the cross pieces I guess you could call them since elastics stain so easily and I'm a big red wine drinker......

I can deal with the pain (which was minimal) but the rawness my gums had to put up with i can't do again!!

manna22

#3 Post by manna22 »

[quote="Meryaten"]Sounds like you have Mystiques with the NeoClips?

(See: http://www.jco-online.com/product-news/?pnid=12)

yup that's what I have.....mystiques...and those clips are exactly what I have...have you seen good out comes with the mystiques?

manna22

#4 Post by manna22 »

Thanks for all your input!!! I just wish that I could wake up and BOOM straight teeth..but that's the story of everyone's life! LOL

I can tell my teeth are loosening, I think my worse experience wasn't the pain from the teeth but my gums adjusting to the brackets....cold sores, soreness...uhh..but they say beauty is pain