To encourage the others......3 month progress pix

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lisa65

To encourage the others......3 month progress pix

#1 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had bottom braces since last July, but for various reasons I didn't get them on the top till the end of January. The whole complicated story is in my blog if anyone can bear to read it :D , but I wanted to post these progress pics on the main board.

Those of you newly braced who are feeling discouraged, look how much can be achieved in just 3 months. The first pic was taken on 17th February and the second was taken today, the 12th May.

Never doubt that it's all worthwhile :wink:

I'll get off my soap box now :lol:

sneakers321

#2 Post by sneakers321 »

Ohmigosh!! That's certainly something, Lisa!! Thanks for sharing this- there's nothing to be ashamed of in boasting about the progress of your teeth. In three months if I see that much of a difference, well I can betcha I'll be climbing up on said soapbox and shouting it out, too!!
:)
:jump:

Expander placed May 3, 2007- REMOVED Sept 18 2007.
Invisalign: U34, L26 started Oct. 29
See my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=14946

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

How exciting! Your teeth have made lovely progress Lisa!

You've got a lot going on in there! What are those loop-y things over your canines??

Thanks for sharing! Image
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

kirjax

#4 Post by kirjax »

yeah Jennie I was wondering that too!

thanks for sharing, that does give me some encouragement that I need right now!! I hope that in 3 months I too can post pics and say how much I'm glad I'm doing this. Right now, as of day 2, it all sucks! lol

jennielee81

#5 Post by jennielee81 »

Hang in ther, kirjax!

It gets better.

Those first few months were the worst. Then, after that, it was all quite boring/normal.

Then it was over. Image
I look back and relaize what a tiny bit of time I had my braces and that my teeth will look fantastic for ever because of the time it took!!!

It gets better!!!!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Thathrill

#6 Post by Thathrill »

its seeing pics like these that makes it all worth while. these things are more annoying than anything but I can't wait for the outcome. people have always said i have a nice smile. i can't wait to show off my smile with straighter teeth. Thanks for the motivation

pegasus

#7 Post by pegasus »

WOW! :banana: That is excellent progress! Lookin' good!

LaaLaa

#8 Post by LaaLaa »

Awesome Lisa!! :D It really must be rewarding and encouraging to see how much your teeth have moved in such a short period of time!! :wink: I can only hope my annoying canines will come down in a timely manner because they are annoying me even more with the addition of the brackets. :x Keep us updated!

Lisa65

#9 Post by Lisa65 »

Meryaten, thank you for your assistance in labelling my various items of hardware while I was tucked up in bed asleep :D

Jennie and Kirjax, the loopy things circled in red function as an opening spring. They're attached to my canines at one end and my rearmost molars at the other end. My canines are fixed in place by the bone screws, so all the force from the spring goes into pushing my molars backwards.

Here is a better pic of what is actually happening.

It hasn't been a very comfortable experience to date, but the benefits make it all worthwhile. :D

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

insanemommy03

#10 Post by insanemommy03 »

Thats awesome!! Looks Great! I can not wait to get mine on and started!!! Only 2 more weeks!!

wirerose

#11 Post by wirerose »

Wow! They look great and after only 3 months! I can't wait to see progress, I have only had mine for 10 days. I am really discouraged that I don't have my lowers yet. My bite is closed so they might not put them on for 9 months! = ( The lowers is where I really want to see progress. It is discouraging to know that without any braces down there yet, I can't possibly be making progress. At the same time I am grateful to be able to floss like crazy on the lowers without having to thread it through the wires! = ) hehehe

Thanks for sharing your pictures! They are an inspiration. = )

JumpTheDitch

#12 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Great progress, Lisa! :thumbsup:

Clairey Fairey

#13 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Wow fantastic, they look great :D

Amazing Progress

Ready2go43

#14 Post by Ready2go43 »

WOW Lisa65 :thumbsup: thats amazing for 3 months,looking great already,hope the remaining treatment time goes smoothly for you,imagine whe progress after 6 months,good luck
Braced 19/04/07
Damon 3s
Upper & Lower

gracie381

#15 Post by gracie381 »

Looking good!! Great progress!
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08