Impacted canine

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nice teeth

Impacted canine

#1 Post by nice teeth »

Hi

Anybody else going through this? They've done the exposure and put something on the back of the tooth kinda looks like a button or something, and they attatched a metal wire from my top arch wire to the button and they are trying to bring it down.

So far it has moved quite a bit but so have all my other teeth. I look worse now than I ever did.

At my last adjustment they stopped using the metal wire and they are now using some kind of thread. They also put in a stronger arch wire I guess to fix my slanted teeth.

This is really fustrating and I sometimes wonder if I should have just got an implant.

Anybody go through this with sucsess or did you end up with an implant? Any regrets?

nice teeth

#2 Post by nice teeth »

Thaks for the reassurance, I'm so happy I found this site. It's been a big help.

Way Too Old For This

#3 Post by Way Too Old For This »

nice teeth...I had mine exposed and brought successfully into place in a short 6 months. It is definitely worth it!
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

nice teeth

#4 Post by nice teeth »

Way Too Old For This wrote:nice teeth...I had mine exposed and brought successfully into place in a short 6 months. It is definitely worth it!
:shock: Wow 6 months! That's great I've already had my braces on for 6 months and my tooth is down but it's not in place yet. My Ortho said that I have a 50/50 chance of it working. I don't really like thoose odds, but what can I do.