Tooth Colored Dental Wax! But the price unfortunately higher

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Tooth Colored Dental Wax! But the price unfortunately higher

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

I have a product question for you guys.

Finally, a dental company that I buy from is making tooth-colored dental wax! This is a brand new product and I'm very excited about it, because people have asked me for years where they can get tooth-colored wax that is unscented and unflavored. Well now it finally exists!

The problem is, for some reason because of the manufacturing method, it is almost double the price of the regular wax and silicone that I sell, even if I buy it in really large quantities.

So my question to you guys is this:

1. Would you want to buy tooth-colored dental wax?

2. If it was available to you, would you be willing to pay more for it than regular "clear" dental wax? Or, in your opinon, should the price be the same or not much higher than regular wax?

I thought I'd ask you guys your opinions before I put the product on the DentaKit.com site. IMO, the customer is always "the boss". I appreciate your comments. Thank you!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

acehigh

#2 Post by acehigh »

Personally, when I was using the wax like it was going out of style, I was very happy with the white/clear wax. I am wearing the In Ovation C braces which are quite clear themselves, so I'm not sure if this makes a difference. Wouldn't tooth colored wax be very slightly off-white? I think it's just a personal choice. :D

Miss Smiley

#3 Post by Miss Smiley »

I think I'm fine with the clear wax, I think the tooth colored would get mixed reviews bc of differences in tone.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

Yes, the wax is slightly off-white. It wouldn't be a "perfect tooth color" for everyone, but it would hide the metal brackets very well and generally blend in with the teeth, especially from a distance.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Oh duh....silly me, I keep thinking that everyone here has atleast clear uppers, carry on my dear!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Gap

#6 Post by Gap »

I'd be interested in buying some, regardless if it was more expensive or not.

Clairey Fairey

#7 Post by Clairey Fairey »

I think I would just stick to the clear wax. But then I get it free from the orthos anyway.

I say free, it's probably included in the overall treatment cost!!