Just got a gelb splint and have some quick questions.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mjbusch

Just got a gelb splint and have some quick questions.

#1 Post by mjbusch »

I just got a gelb splint monday and it is a pain. I am able to speak pretty well even with all the additional plastic. The problem is with eating it is kinda painful. Does anyone have experience with this type of splint? How long does it take to get use to it and how long did it take for your lower jaw to come forward into the new notches for teeth?

HeadgearJoe

#2 Post by HeadgearJoe »

sorry your having probs but yes it does get better put took a few weeks for me to get use to mine
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

mjbusch

#3 Post by mjbusch »

It seems to be getting a little better, but chewing food is still a challenge.