class 11 malocclusion

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sharon3594

class 11 malocclusion

#1 Post by sharon3594 »

Hi,

Does anyone know if with a class 11 malocclusion is jaw surgery always involved?

Does medical cover jaw surgery?

Has anyone had to pay out of pocket for jaw surgery and what did it cost?

Was it done as outpatient or did you have to stay in hospital?

If paid out of pocket does hospital require payment in full up front?

sorry for so many questions.

Thanks Sharon

Graceful58

#2 Post by Graceful58 »

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to Archwired! If you were to read through the Orthognathic Surgery board you'd get quite a few answers to your questions.

You will also find a wide variety of answers to your questions because everyone has different insurance, different situations etc.

If you're having jaw surgery it would be under medical insurance and some OS's do it in office, others do it at the hospital so it's really dependent on the OS you choose.

You'll also find a wide variations of costs depending on where you live. For me in southern AZ it would cost me over $20,000 for my surgery and that's not including the orthodontist charges. Other's pay less, some pay out of pocket because their insurance doesn't cover orthognathic surgery...but I would suggest you read through the posts on the other board and you'll gain a lot of great info.

Best of luck.
Lower Jaw Advancement & Mentoplasty- Dec 31st...Happy New Year!!!

http://bracefacemom.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Graceful

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I have a class II but didn't have surgery, as my overjet was mainly caused by forward drifting of my top teeth, not by a retrognathic (too far back) lower jaw.

Sorry I can't answer your other Q's, but as Graceful says, if you nip over to the surgery forum, there are some very knowledgable folks there who will do their best to help.