Your cost for braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirjax

Your cost for braces?

#1 Post by kirjax »

Obviously if your uncomfortable saying how much you paid that's completely fine.

I just out of curiosity like to know about the average cost of what people are paying for their treatment.

I personally don't mind saying. My total was $4400.00 and this includes everything I'll need in treatment (including any extra appliances that may need to go in) as well as my retainers. I am on a financing plan but not through the office. I chose to get my own financing bc monthly payments were cheaper then the office payments. This is also for upper ceramic and lower metal. I don't think that's too bad.

I just get curious bc others have said it's alot and some have said that's cheap. So it gets me wondering what others may be paying for their treatment.

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I seem to remember we had a thread a few months ago about this and there were quite a few replies. I'll let you search for it because I'm too lazy :lol:

My treatment is costing about twice as much as you've said yours is. In general orthodontics seems to be more expensive in the UK. The average cost of treatment is about £3000 ($6000), mine is more because it's complex. It includes all my treatment, X-rays, impressions etc, so far I have also had 2 screw implants put in by my ortho. It will also include one year's follow-up after debanding and one set of retainers.

I've paid for it all myself in monthly instalments over a year, as I have no private health insurance. I only have 2 payments left to go, yippee!

Amy19

#3 Post by Amy19 »

mine is also costing £3000, also includes 12 months of retention, retainers and 12 months of follow ups. God how costing varies though!

Amy x

[/url]

Dark_angel

#4 Post by Dark_angel »

I was lucky enough to have my treatment paid for on the NHS so nothing, but its kind of a no frills treatment. I'd like to go to a private office or a normal ortho instead of a hospital.

alliphd

#5 Post by alliphd »

I'll be paying $4075 (US) for my year of upper In-Ovation Ceramics and Metal lowers, with clear retainers following. This also includes x-rays and the consultation. The ceramics are included in that, an additional $75 for one arch. I'm putting down $1475, then paying $200 monthly (no interest) for 13 months.
Last edited by alliphd on Sat May 19, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(Click WWW link for the details!)

Pixel Witch

#6 Post by Pixel Witch »

I haven't gotten to B-Day yet, but my cost will be $4820 which includes a certain amount of repairs, two bonded retainers and one nightly essix retainer, expander, X-Rays.

Pixel Witch

#7 Post by Pixel Witch »

That's not bad, PW! Specially in So Cal :)
I know. I was bracing myself for sticker shock, but was pleasantly surprised.

I forgot to mention this is for metal brackets. Ceramic was quite a bit pricier and I didn't qualify for invisalign so I have no idea how much that would cost.

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Mine was only a total cost of $3485 Much cheaper then my damn college which cost me just slightly over $70,000.

FULL METAL JACKET! Haha just kidding I got full metal braces all around along with retainers at end of treatment.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lelerz

#9 Post by lelerz »

Mine cost about $3000 (+$500 bc I opted for ceramics on top), with about half of it covered by my insurance. I paid $100 (w/ no interest) monthly... just finished paying it off. It was a pretty awesome deal imo!

Chiwawamom

#10 Post by Chiwawamom »

$4,500 here. That includes everything from x-rays to retainers upper and lower begining to end. After a 1600.00 deposit my payments are like 185.00 a month until I'm done. No intrest payments.

LaaLaa

#11 Post by LaaLaa »

Oh pooh, I feel like my price tag is somewhat higher than you folks. Estimated treatment time 24-30 months with a shiny price tag of $5,595 and an additional $200 for upper ceramics. Insurance covers $1,500 and a 5% discount for paying in full, which comes to around $4,100.

insanemommy03

#12 Post by insanemommy03 »

$4275 for the braces all metal. That covers all x-rays and retainers EVERYTHING!!! I didn't think that was too bad! I know it will be the best thing that I have EVER invested in!!

My insurance covered my extractions all but 250.00 that I had to pay out of pocket!!! If my insurance covers more I get some money back!!

Time will tell on that one.. we all know how insurance companies are!!!

Taylor

#13 Post by Taylor »

My total treatment, which includes braces (upper+lower), appointments, any bands, retainers, and and appointments after I'm debraced cost $5400. Insurance covered $1000 of that.

About me:
Sentenced: 18-21 months (not to bad, eh?)
Problems: Gaps in between four front, lower teeth going too far up when I bit down, one front tooth slightly ahead of the other
Type: First six on top ceramic, rest are metal, powerchains (uggh)

Carolinahigh12

#14 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

5450 USD for expander, ceramic uppers and metal lowers.

200 USD- records fee.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~

Carolinahigh12

#15 Post by Carolinahigh12 »

I forgot to mention
1450 USD down, 160 per month- includes retainer and all treatment. Insurance will cover 1500 of the cost.
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

~~~Nicole~~~