Reference Site

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jillianleab

Reference Site

#1 Post by Jillianleab »

For those of you (like me) who can't remember what tooth is called what, and what a malocclusion looks like, I found this site:

http://www.en.zz-l.de/4/dental-dictionary.html

I don't think its ever been posted here before, but if it has, well, the newbies can take a look! :lol: I really like it because it names the teeth, then provides the alternate names for them as well (centrals are also called incisors, for example). It has a list of the tools an ortho uses, plus other dental terms. I've never seen a site so inclusive on one page before. Hope this helps anyone looking for more info!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

CheekyMonkey

#2 Post by CheekyMonkey »

awesome! I keep calling my cuspids "canines" so it looks like I'll have to stop.

Pixel Witch

#3 Post by Pixel Witch »

awesome! I keep calling my cuspids "canines" so it looks like I'll have to stop.
I have always done that. I like it because people know what I mean, hehe.

That and eyetooth.