does anyone have self-ligating clear brackets??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ladysteph117

does anyone have self-ligating clear brackets??

#1 Post by ladysteph117 »

I am finally getting braced on wednesday and my ortho uses self-ligating saphire brackets and the self-ligating metal brackets on the bottom, kinda made me sad that I won't get to have colored ligs, does anybody have these? what do they look like are they better then using ligs??
Thanks for the replys

alliphd

#2 Post by alliphd »

I am getting them next week! I'll have In-Ovation C brackets on top and metals on bottom. I didn't plan on getting colors anyway, so I'm not so bummed. I think for me self-ligating was a better option because my teeth are so small and the brackets are smaller.

(Click WWW link for the details!)

KatK

#3 Post by KatK »

Hi there! Congrats on your decision. I found this link:

http://www.brisbaneorthodontist.com/sap ... races.html

They look nice! I have Damon Clears, and I love them, however I didn't wasn't disappointed about not getting colorful ligs. I love my brackets. I also had all metal bands and a few metal brackets to hold in my pendulum (and then they left them in for my palatal bar). I don't like these as much as I feel they are very bulky.

Good luck to you!!
~ Pendulum on December 1st
~ Damon lowers March 27
~ PENDULUM OFF MAY 22nd!
~ Palatal Bar installed May 22nd..
~ Damon clear uppers May 22 too!

alliphd

#4 Post by alliphd »

FYI - I found these informational documents about the In-Ovation Cs.

http://www.gacintl.com/UserFiles/File/l ... nt_Bro.pdf (Patient Friendly Version)
http://www.gacintl.com/UserFiles/File/l ... Dr_Bro.pdf (Ortho Detailed Version)

I thought they were interesting anyway. :)

(Click WWW link for the details!)

acehigh

#5 Post by acehigh »

I have the InOvation C braces. They're very nice, and I can say that I've had no discomfort other than cheek and lip irritation during the first week. :lol: