People who understand!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BillyNPhoenix

People who understand!

#1 Post by BillyNPhoenix »

Just a bit of great news that only people here will understand… my ortho removed my palate expander yesterday and I was so happy I honestly nearly cried. :lol: I try not to talk about it much, but I did mention to a few people what a great day it was and I got a few ‘huh, that’s nice’ responses. I certainly don’t need them to be excited, but it did make me chuckle at the thought that my co-workers really have no idea.

So I thought I’d give a bit of encouragement to those who still have one installed – hang in there, it will be over soon! And we’ll share your excitement when it’s done!

My ortho also inserted spacers in my lower jaw yesterday so I can get the lower arch braced next week, and I’m actually very sore today (much more then the uppers for some reason), but the ability to swallow and speak normally again outweighs the soreness!

Have a good day!

gunter8888

#2 Post by gunter8888 »

Billy, congrats on losing the expander. They do a valuable job, but they aren't fun. I too was thrilled the day my ortho finally said I was done with the expander. Congrats and best of luck with the rest of your treatment.
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

kirjax

#3 Post by kirjax »

I had an expander as a kid and I can agree and feel your excitement bc it was nothing short of a great day when that thing was plucked! lol

Sentenced: 20-24 months
Braced May 11, 2007
Debraced Feb. 23, 2009
21 months in braces, 17 months in elastic, NO regrets!! Now in Hawley retainers!!

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

'Huh, thats nice'

lol I'm just kidding and giving you a hard time. Congrats that you finally have it removed. I'm glad I didn't have to go through that tourture however my cousin did and she told me every day about how she cannot wait til it comes out.

Anyways congrats again.
~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008