How was your overbite fixed?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

spaced*out

How was your overbite fixed?

#1 Post by spaced*out »

Just a question I am wondering about how was your overbite fixed , Headgear, Extractions , springs.................?

Stich

#2 Post by Stich »

4 extractions, TPA device, springs and powerchains to close gaps, elastics for 9 months, and just regular archwires. I opted out of surgery so my overbite was not completly corrected, but it is so small now, that I feel it is hardly noticable.

Becky

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

orthodontic screw implants to move my molars back, then in the future I will have class II elastics and possibly part-time headgear, and enamel stripping if necessary.

spaced*out

#4 Post by spaced*out »

mine will probavly go as stich's journey has gone as to say I've had the extractions 4 springs and a powerchain

Laurie

#5 Post by Laurie »

My ortho plans on using elastics.

iBorg

#6 Post by iBorg »

We started out with the intent to move the teeth back into holes from my long lost pre molars. In that process I realized my teeth were going to be so far back in my mouth, I asked about implants. My ortho said there was room for some form of "filler" tooth on the top. On the bottom there's hardly any room at all. She has suggested surgery which I have agreed to. I'm very anxious to do the surgery. She also want to expand the spacers for whatever is used such as a bridge or implant to fill the holes. The cruel joke to this is that in this process, my overjet is becoming much worse. Which I have to keep reminding myself is by design.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

SnowSara

#7 Post by SnowSara »

Apparently my powerchain is doing the trick, at my last adjustment the ortho told me I wasn't going to need elastics after all. I had a slight overBITE when I started and I can already tell my teeth fit together totally differently (and more comfortably). I think I will have a powerchain throughout most of the rest of my treatment.

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

JumpTheDitch

#8 Post by JumpTheDitch »

2 x upper extractions (second bicuspids), powerchains and Class II elastics

Good luck :thumbsup:

cowlypso

#9 Post by cowlypso »

I started out with a 7 mm overjet. I had 4 premolars extracted. We're using a nance and headgear to keep the upper molars back where they belong. We started out with powerchains to close the gaps, but they weren't getting the job done, so I've got springs now. And he has said that at some point I'll also have elastics. I'm skipping out on the lower jaw advancement surgery, so my results will probably not be absolutely perfect.

jennielee81

#10 Post by jennielee81 »

Elastics for 6 months corrected a 4mm overjet.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

HeadgearJoe

#11 Post by HeadgearJoe »

it has been a expander ,elastics ,powerchain, an oh yea my headgear, wow it's been fun , but monday i may get a debond date, :tingrin:
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

Dark_angel

#12 Post by Dark_angel »

4 extractions, headgear and elastics.

goldmetal

#13 Post by goldmetal »

My ortho is planning to treat my overjet with elastics. Right now, I am close to 6 months in to treatment. No mention has been made of elastics since the initial treatment plan was discussed. I am sure they are still in my future...

mizzdee

#14 Post by mizzdee »

i've had four bicuspid extractions, upper and lower, and i've been using elastics since day one..so far my overbite is almost gone

goldmetal

#15 Post by goldmetal »

Meryaten wrote:He'll want to get everything nicely aligned and levelled first, I should think, Gold :)
Yes, I think that is what he has in mind. We had quite a crooked mess to sort out, but we are getting there. :lol: