Loose bracket - not happy with ortho response

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

swede

Loose bracket - not happy with ortho response

#1 Post by swede »

I just noticed that I have a loose bracket. It is on the tooth next to my front tooth. I actually wonder if it has been loose for a while and I just didn't notice. The tooth seems to "hang" a little lower than the others so I decided to look at the bracket placement, and that's when I noticed that it was loose.

I called my ortho (who is an hour away) and found out that he has to be there for a rebonding of a bracket. I thought, OK it will be next week if not today. He is OUT at a seminar until JUNE 20TH. That is almost three weeks away (one week from my next adjustment). I am a self proclaimed worrywort, so even though they assured me at the ortho's office that it is OK to wait; I am afraid that the tooth will decide to move somewhere where it doesn't belong. I am wearing elastics and my teeth have been very sore the last few days, so I know that they are in a moving state.

Please give me some words of encouragement that everything will be OK. I am so afraid that I will back track.

I think that the ortho should have someone cover for him though. I can't be the only one needing something in the 2 1/2 weeks he is gone.

sportsgrl97

#2 Post by sportsgrl97 »

no worries... it will be fine :D

i had a bracket off once from the middle of august until the middle of november... so 3 months. it took all of a day or two to get the tooth back to where it was supposed to be so dont worry about that... 3 weeks is nothing :D

michelle

swede

#3 Post by swede »

Thank you for your replies and encouragement! I feel better about it after reading your comments :D . The bracket is secured by a powerchain so I don't think that it will bother me at all. It is actually funny that it is the one and only bracket that came off when I had my first wire put in. It popped off from the pressure and it had to be rebonded. I haven't had any other bracket issues until this just happened.

I am so glad that I have this forum to go to for support! :tingrin:

Thathrill

#4 Post by Thathrill »

I had a bracket off for 4 days. it didn't affect my teeth other than a lot of pain. if the ortho says its ok it should be. altho if it becomes painful then i would call again.
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com