is anyone else getting braced in june?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

goldmetal

#46 Post by goldmetal »

Dimples,

Didn't you inquire about gold brackets in another thread? What color brackets did you decide to go with?

hawkerswife

#47 Post by hawkerswife »

I *plan* to be getting braces in June. I am having one tooth extracted on Wednesday. And I assume will be getting my braces shortly there after.

Dimples

#48 Post by Dimples »

goldmetal I decided on clear uppers and metal lowers. I don't want any extra costs added. :)

breda206

#49 Post by breda206 »

I got a referral from my dentist to an orthodontist on 20th March, I had a cleaning that day. Had to get two fillings on the 3rd April and my first consultation appointment with my orthodontist was the 8th of May. He said I could start whenever I wanted so booked records appointment for 29th May and booked the next appointment at the same time (cheeky I know!)

So had my records done on 29th at 8.30am and I got spacers put in, they are so annoying and were so painful, all my teeth seem to be misaligned now!

Anywho, getting my braces in on June 11th at 9.45am or so the receptionist told me- I duno whats goin on really, the records appointment felt a little rushed, I didnt know I would be getting spacers that day.

So I guess I'm in the June club too, Wahey!

P.S. can anyone tell me if I should arrange another cleaning before I get the braces, my last one was 20th March (and can they do a cleaning with spacers in?)

breda206

#50 Post by breda206 »

Thanks Meryaten for your advice and being so welcoming! :D

Genie

#51 Post by Genie »

Hi all! I'm very excited as I'm finally braced! 2nd of June, I got my upper braces. I thought I would have the lower ones on too but my ortho took one look at my bite and say I cannot have them on yet. :(
I am still getting used to the uppers... and I can't understand why each ligature he put on the metal bracket only cover half of it. Its like my metal bracket are half white rubber and half metal. My friends all had the metal bracket fully covered with the ligature! Hmm anybody knows why is that like that? :?

Genie

#52 Post by Genie »

Thanx Meryaten! You are really well-read about orthodontics! My friend was guessing the ortho wants to save on cost by putting only half the ligatures! :shock: That idea sounds ridiculous. LOL

Maybe I will put a pict of my teeth in a new thread later :)

Pixel Witch

#53 Post by Pixel Witch »

Hey! Looks like I'm a member of the June club! :D

I get mine June 7th, too! Don't know yet if I am getting uppers and lowers....I have a brief consultation regarding our plan of treatment Thursday before he starts bracketing me. I will be having Orthognathic surgery (lower jaw), wisdom teeth extraction and a few other things done in approx one year so my Orthdontist will fill me in on his plan of attack Thursday.

I'm very self-concious but excited to get this process going at the same time. Congrats to all the June-bies!
I am also on June 7, and we're doing the same thing. I had my initial consultation already, then records and Thursday morning he'll be going over the plan before we get started.

:)

I have a rather deep bite, so I imagine that the bottom will either come later, or I'll get cemented so I can't bit down that far. This board is helpful in knowing possiblities to expect :D

Pixel Witch

#54 Post by Pixel Witch »

Best wishes to you both for Thursday! :D
And to you, too :)

alliphd

#55 Post by alliphd »

I forgot to post on here since Friday! I had my ceramic uppers and metal lower In-Ovations put on June 1. It was a tough weekend, but I'm doing pretty well now. For the previous posters discussing bites and no lowers - I think I would have preferred that! I got bonding to prevent me from biting mine off, and I don't like it at all!!

(Click WWW link for the details!)

Dimples

#56 Post by Dimples »

Hey everyone!

I get braced friday...can't wait!!!

Good luck to everyone who is getting braced on thursday.

Congratulations alliphd!!

zilmarshall

in the morning!

#57 Post by zilmarshall »

Hey...
I am brand new to this site, and I was having a minor freak out because I am getting my braces put on tomorrow morning! I'm getting clear uppers and metal lowers, and will have them for at least a year, they say.

I am almost 28 years old, and just never was able to get them when I was young due to money issues, mainly, and my smile is the one thing I always said I would change about myself. I totally signed myself up for this, following a horrible breakup with my partner of almost 9 years, thinking I wanted to do something really good for myself, so off I go! This is going to be an adventure.

Yep!!
This site has totally helped me prepare mentally, I think.
It's gonna be interesting!

alliphd

#58 Post by alliphd »

Thanks Dimples and seriously! :)

Good luck to all of you getting braced this week!! :thumbsup:

(Click WWW link for the details!)

sashafeelgood

I'm getting braced today

#59 Post by sashafeelgood »

So nice to have some company. Best of luck to all of us in the June Brace Club.

mindykatz

#60 Post by mindykatz »

My braces go on on June 7th in the a.m. (eastern standard time). Damons on top and bottom as far as I know - they never mentioned using anything but Damons! I got all 4 wisdoms extracted plus 2 other extractions 4 weeks ago, and spacers 1 week ago!

Good luck to everyone with June B-Days! :tingrin: