Arch wire keeps popping out.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MCRmouth

Arch wire keeps popping out.

#1 Post by MCRmouth »

My arch wire pops out in the bottom ALOT,I was wondering if its bad for me to pop it back in myself?

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

Im guessing your in the early stages of treatment in which case the wire will only be thin and more likely to be dislodged. If you can get the wire in yourself by all means do so, just let your ortho know at your next appointment that it keeps happening and they might put stoppers on, to stop it happening.

i did it on a yorkie bar :twisted: and couldnt manage to get it back in, luckily it was a few days before an adjustment and i just lived with it.

Dark_angel

#3 Post by Dark_angel »

DP
Last edited by Dark_angel on Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCRmouth

#4 Post by MCRmouth »

Dark_angel wrote:Im guessing your in the early stages of treatment in which case the wire will only be thin and more likely to be dislodged. If you can get the wire in yourself by all means do so, just let your ortho know at your next appointment that it keeps happening and they might put stoppers on, to stop it happening.

i did it on a yorkie bar :twisted: and couldnt manage to get it back in, luckily it was a few days before an adjustment and i just lived with it.
I got braced in May.Thanks.

Dark_angel

#5 Post by Dark_angel »

Oooh a Yorkie! Not had one of those in years! :(

Their new slogan is "not for girls". But im sure they make a bar in a pink wrapper especially for us girls :?

Can you not get UK chocolate in the USA?

Dark_angel

#6 Post by Dark_angel »

There's fake Cadburys (actually made by Hersheys, and quite unlike the real deal - why they don't even include the salmonella :wink:)
Well if you fancy some real cadburys im sure i could pop a bar or two in the mail for you.